Whats your average battery and cpu temps while actually doing stuff?

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

whats your battery and cpu temps when actually doing stuff like browsing the web..going in the market downloading,,whatever it may be just actual usage

and to go with the temps what is your rom,kernel and overclock speed?

Advertisement
  2. mykd99

mykd99 Well-Known Member

Running BB 2.1 ROM ver. 0.4 with ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.2GHz Kernel. This was the coolest running OC kernel and most stable. Runnign idle at 24C for the CPU and 27C for the battery.

Got the CPU up to 47C and Bat. to 39C browsing Google Earth with the GPS on.

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I'm using the ADCBeta0.3Dark rom, running at 1.2GHz (first time I've ever run that stably). My temp and battery have been great. W/ some moderate use yesterday, I never got above 35C and after 12 hours off the charger, I was only at 60%, which I haven't seen in months.

4. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

Really. 12 hours off the charger running BB 1.1 and I'm almost dead. Just when I was happy with my phone finally I read your post. What kernel are you running?

Edit - to add to this thread, I'm running BB 1.1 w/adamz 1.1 kernel - When using the phone I've gotten into the 40's - the phone picks up some pretty good heat. Not as hot as when I was running Sholes 0.2.5, but pretty warm.

5. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member

Running Droidmod 1.0 my phone gets hot, just using the gps navigation it gets over 45c for the battery temp, or if I'm just browsing the net while it's plugged in

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Mine are usually hovering around 30c. Haven't seen the CPU get higher than 32 and the battery is usually around 30-35.

7. iamloco724

and with those temps what are doing on the phone..what rom and kernel..what speed..and how are you monitor temps if with temp monitor what interval..cause that seems very slow for actually doing someething on the phone

8. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

DroidMod 1.0, 800mhz
    My battery is usually around 30c.
    Today I got up to 48c doing the following:
    Streaming Pandora
    Using navigation with satellite layer
    Using TimeCatcher to track my time
    Using Mileage Logger to track my mileage via GPS

It was quite toasty!

9. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

When I try Really Pushing the Taz 1.3GHZ or ChevyNo1 1.25GHZ kernels with benchmarks, etc. I can get my CPU temp to reach 135F... Hot... But not near limit for any normal package for the proc and the temp Never stays there for more than a cycle on OnDemand setting of SetCPU so I believe we are fine...

10. Jinnai

Jinnai Well-Known Member

I just got my CPU up to 114F, playing Tower Raiders of all things...running BB 1.1 @ 1GHz, DM 1.2 kernel. Because of that, I've dropped my max from 1GHz down to 800MHz. Given what I'm seeing in this thread, seriously considering switching over to ADC. Generally, it seems I run about 77F on the OMAP sensor (CPU?) and 86F on the AK sensor. Should I be concerned about these temps?

11. iamloco724

what is adc?

12. Jinnai

Jinnai Well-Known Member

ADC is the AllDroid ROM...ADC0.3Beta, was looking at it, just tried Ultimate 3.7, was running at 105F with no OC'ing, rebooted, still no better, switched back to BB1.1.