Whats your battery life after root, and how do i get it?

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I intend on rooting my phone ASAP, maybe even tonight if i can stay up rofl

Anyhow, im doing this primarily for the battery advantages. I would like to OC/UC as needed to increase battery life when not being used, and performance when it is being used

So once im rooted, whats the next step? Is there a special ROM or some other steps i have to take in order to get what im after?

Im hoping i can get to the 20hr mark with heavy email/txt/web/phone usage. No Navi

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

I use Virtous 2.6 Rom with the incredible revolution theme, the 2.15.00.07.28 radio, king klix BFS kernel #4. not overclocked and governor set to conservative, with a screen off profile of 245/384. Right now I currently have an uptime of 13 hours and 40 minutes and an awake time of 4 hours and 60% battery left. That's a few phone calls, some text messages and majority is internet browsing, some were flash sites. In my opinion my phone is more responsive than when I was on the stock kernal. I believe I get quadrant scores around 1380 and linpack between 33-35.

I believe (I'm in no way an expert but have done A LOT of reading on here) that the kernel you use has the majority impact on your battery life, then what Rom you are using. So I'd suggest just flashing a kernel first, I obviously recommend King Klix kernel but I've seen other people have great battery life with Hydra's kernels also.

3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Wow you might as well have written that post in hebrew :( damn do i really have to KNOW that stuff? or can i just do it? lol

BTW i dont surf a whole lot, i really just get a ton of emails (75-150 a day) so im constantly flipping the phone on and off to check them

Also, can these good kernals be used with froyo?

4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i suggest you read up the stickies and such, there is all the info you need with links to different guides and such. its not tough, just spend 10 minutes looking and you should be on your way

5. sdrawkcab25

Well I'd definitely suggest starting at the thread I'm linking at the bottom of the post and read up. The most complicated part of this process (and it's not that complicated) is rooting your phone and setting it to S-off (turning the security off). If you are on Froyo now and not rooted, (completely stock) I'd suggest taking the next few days and reading up on everything you can find in this "all things root" section, because there has not been an official release of the program to root Froyo yet (although you can get your hands on it if you do some searching). If you are still on 2.1 you can go ahead and use UnrEVOked 3.2 to root your phone. READ THIS POST and follow the links, VERY VERY helpful
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...root-guide-updated-6-07pst-sept-3-2010-a.html

6. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

Not true. Unrevoked has a program to root 2.2 now.

7. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

I cranked my cpu up to almost 1100mhz and got a quadrant score of 1584. Any higher, my phone would freeze up. Setcpu needs to include options for other frequencies like Overclock Widget does.

8. sdrawkcab25

setCPU uses whatever frequencies your kernel supports

9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Myphone before refurb would run 1500mhz fine.

10. sdrawkcab25

last I checked that method was pulled due to issues with the EVO (is available in beta if you do some searching, but is not official YET) and as of now their site is down for maintenance.

11. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member

Correct but from what I have heard the beta works just fine and did so for me, the only issues were a few evo's

12. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

Guys, just rooted (yayyyy). was kinda tricky for me. I don't want any ROM's. I'm happy with stock BUT i do want to venture into a new kernal (probably King-4). I know you don't know my level of tech capability but would you say changing your Kernal is an advanced type thing or can a normal person like me do it. Or i should ask "If I figured out how to root (with help from someone) can i figure out how to add a new Kernal"??? Just a rough guess from you guys..........

13. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

I think you mean 1150. I haven't heard of any Inc getting above 1.19.

14. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

It's a simple process. The concern comes when something breaks, and you need to fix it. Installing a kernel is as simple as downloading the zip, booting into recovery, and selecting install zip from sd card. Get ROM Manager, and it's even easier.