• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whats your beef with the X?

importtooner

Jul 14, 2010
1. Cases are not compatible with the car kit. This is super ghey. I am really dissapointed in that because I LOVE the look of the clear snap on case but that damn thing is so hard to remove to put on the car dock that I had to return it for the black hard silicone case (which I actually quite like now but its not as aesthetically pleasing as the clear snap case) I am in the car 9 hours a day so the phone will be sitting in the car kit a lot.
2. Battery life is mediocre. I payed with it for 2 hours after I got it and it needed life support. 5 more hours of playing (including using the GPS with the car kit and charger attatched) and it needed a boost again from the charger.
3. The wall charger is short as ****!
4. I had to pull the battery 4 times today due to the phone freezing. WTF!?!?!?
5. It does run hot. I DLed a battery app that measured the battery temp at 107 degrees at one point.
6. Disappointed with initial camera quality (hoping the software update fixes this)

Overall I am satisfied and maybe a nice good overnight charge will do the trick and I'll go from satisfied to elated. Now if it stops freezing all together I'll be blown away.

No freezing here and decent battery life so far. Are you letting it charge fully? Did you set the camera quality to maximum and turn on auto focus? Yes it's going to get warm - that's normal.

Check your apps and running services and stop all the ones you added to troubleshoot the freezing issue. Like I said I haven't had one freeze yet and I've been playing with it all day - still am :). Hopefully you're not using a task killer. If you are I'd get rid of it asap.

Reactions: ndfan4u
Upvote 0
Things im not really liking about the X.

Battery life
moto blur / just give me a decent clock and a good calendar.
Charging is slow
Camera is worse than the incredible
nearly impossible to use custom roms.
Ring tones are really quiet / at max settings
I cant hear the turn by turn navigation

The screen is freaking awesome, i love the size.

Take this at face value.. I paid full retail for the phone, so im going to be sort of picky.

If i got it at the 199.00 price then i could live with a few of the issues, as im sure the updates will fix most if not all issues.

Im about 90% sure im returning it tomm.

Hopefully nobody will take great offence to this.
;)

Upvote 0
Things im not really liking about the X.

Battery life
moto blur / just give me a decent clock and a good calendar.
Charging is slow
Camera is worse than the incredible
nearly impossible to use custom roms.
Ring tones are really quiet / at max settings
I cant hear the turn by turn navigation

The screen is freaking awesome, i love the size.

Take this at face value.. I paid full retail for the phone, so im going to be sort of picky.

If i got it at the 199.00 price then i could live with a few of the issues, as im sure the updates will fix most if not all issues.

Im about 90% sure im returning it tomm.

Hopefully nobody will take great offence to this.
;)

I paid full retail as well, for what it's worth my battery life has been incredible. It also only took perhaps 2-3 hours to charge back to 100% from a low of 40%. Were you using the wall charger? Charging from a PC?

The stock ringtones suck as far as volume goes I agree, but then again the stock ringtones really suck period lol.. I loaded up the same ringtone that I have used for months on my original Droid and it is very loud!

Finally about the rom thing, come on it's only day 1 lol! Anyway, I think you should do whatever is best for you, good luck! :D

Reactions: Syco54645
Upvote 0
No complaints here. Just goes to show even the best phone on the market IMO and people will complain about something. We have only had this phone for 24 hours now. Give it time learn the quirks about it. I would not return this phone in until I was at the end of my 30 day window. You paid full retail in a phone and then you are willing to pay 35 dollars restocking fee the next day. I'm coming from a Storm and I am completely blown away by this thing. I'm also overwhelmed because I have no idea how to do some stuff that I down pat with the Storm. I'm just researching the hell out of all the tips and tricks threads for android phones and giving it time.

You can not complain about the battery life until you give it a full week of conditioning. ALL BATTERIES SUCK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!

And for your number 7 thats the stock ringtones. Yes the volume sucks on them but they sucked anyways. I put my normal ringtones from my last phone on here and they are very LOUD I had to actually turn the ringer down some.

Oh yeah I read an article a couple years back saying that ALL cellphones will have the same power charger by 2011. That way they can start going green and you wont need to get a charger. So If you have gotten a phone with a micro USB charger you can use your past chargers. I didn't even take the charger out of the box I just used my blackberries.

Upvote 0
Gotta say...I don't really have any of the problems you have....I mean I would like for the charger cord to be longer, but eh, what can you do...

I haven't received mine yet..it'll be here today. I have the original Droid - short cord yes. I had a BB storm previously- THAT cord fit my Droid so I use at work. Don't know if it'll fit the X but hope so....

Upvote 0
Got my X yesterday morning...tweaked it for all of battery-saving settings I used on my Eris. Finally, the charge was down to 30% from all of my playing with it, so I decided to charge it up.

No real problems or complaints...except one tiny one: where's the battery charging LED indicator (i.e., red when charging, green when done)? Does this phone not have this?

Upvote 0
So far my only complaint is the short arse cord that came with the charger...which brings me to a question. Could i use any mini usb cable for that? i guess i could just try it and see.

other than that i need to learn my way around the phone a lot more before i start my list. This is my first Droid.

the pics on my satisfies me. although i'm used to a 2 click camera button.

Upvote 0
Could i use any mini usb cable for that?

A micro usb, yes.

No freezing here and decent battery life so far. Are you letting it charge fully? Did you set the camera quality to maximum and turn on auto focus? Yes it's going to get warm - that's normal.

I don't have any freezing either but I did have the contacts app crash a couple times when trying to change ringtones, not sure why.

I paid full retail as well, for what it's worth my battery life has been incredible. It also only took perhaps 2-3 hours to charge back to 100% from a low of 40%. Were you using the wall charger? Charging from a PC?

The stock ringtones suck as far as volume goes I agree, but then again the stock ringtones really suck period lol.. I loaded up the same ringtone that I have used for months on my original Droid and it is very loud!

My battery is also very good. It was however horrible out of the box. It was dead in 3 hours - around noon. I could even see the battery indicator getting smaller and smaller by just playing with it. It said it was at 50% when I left the store, but I doubt that it was. After charging it for a couple hours (while still playing with it) it was fine the rest of the day. By 11pm I still had like 60%. And for the first day of playing with it a lot that was pretty good!

Agree about the custom ringtones! They are much louder than the stock ones.

Re: the cable - I use the hdmi station (which comes with a long cable go figure) and use it as my alarm clock so the cable length doesn't affect me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones