What's your data usage?

Last Updated:

1. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love Sprint's true unlimited data. Switched from Att and the iphone after they changed the data plans. I was leaning towards the EVO anyway, but the new data plan was the nail in the coffin.

I work night shift half the time and abuse tethering on my laptop while working nights. I pay for the hotspot app (i know i could root and do it for free but don't mind the fee considering how much i use).

My first month (4 days left in the billing cycle) 21 gigs and change. And to just think, my city is getting 4G later this year and it will only be faster.

-Signed, happy sprint customer.

Advertisement
  2. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

You can tether via USB for free, though I must admit, having a wifi hotspot in your pants is pretty cool.

3. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea, i know i can tether for free with usb...but considering i'm such a data hog i really don't mind the extra $30 a month...plus even with that, my sprint bill is cheaper than my old iPhone bill was. and the wifi is a nice option if i ever want to get my old 3GS online, and i'll probably buy an ipad down the road.

4. bossxii

bossxii Well-Known Member

As long as the radio waves don't start effecting the other hardware located in your pants! :eek:

5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I don't use much (I think)

Text
    1,108/ Unlimited

Sprint Data
    700,087KB/ Unlimited

6. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

I know you don't "mind" paying the extra, but there's no reason to if you aren't connecting more than one device to your phone at a time. $30 is still $30 and like I said, if you aren't connecting more than pne device to your phone at the same time on a regular basis then just cancel the wifi hotspot feature and tether for free by using the "easy tether" app in the market place.

And also, the wifi hotspot feature will be in the 2.2 update for Android and i'm sure there will be a way around to paying for that too.

7. jkr4577

jkr4577 Well-Known Member

Up to 3.5 GB with 10 days left... Haven't done much tethering though, just last.fm, pandora, youtube and ~ 3 hours watching world cup on Sprint TV. I feel for those ATT users and there 2 GB cap :)

8. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

2,245,819kb

9. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

10. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

I've got a eris and ive used 4.34 gigs this month. Just from streaming slacker, droid live, and browsing internet on my phone with 3 days of light tethering.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

11. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

15 days .. 1.41 gbs, and plan to use plenty more. the wifi hotspot rocks, can now use my wifi ipad in the car on roadtrips (and anywhere), my son can hook up to the playstation network on his psp, and can use the laptop!

$29.99 for that and no data cap, can't beat it. plus i have a corporate discount on the rest of my bill. :D

12. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I pulled last month and was suprised I only used 2,455,644kb. I don't really download much but do listen to Pandora daily.

13. vokilos

vokilos Active Member

Used about 6.5gb though this is mainly thanks to htc and the stupid data bug with friendstream that was fixed in the update.

Sent from my kickass EVO using tapatalk.