What's Your Durability Experience

Last Updated:

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I (think) that I am going to purchase the HTC Aria but have gotten cold feet reading about the screens breaking. Can anyone comment on the screen durability with a case attached or a skin applied to the Aria. I'm hoping that if I purchase the phone and get a good case, or "skin" it, the glass would have a lot less chance of breaking if I drop it, which I surely will do.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated:D....and please share your experience of dropping the phone with either of these added protections.

Advertisement
  2. ls377

ls377 Active Member

I haven't had any issues with breaking glass. I believe the main problem is that the glass is flush with the edges of the phone, and the entire face hits the ground if it is dropped. A cheap case with some sort of edge should take care of that. I got mine off ebay for around $12.

3. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

I don't think that they break unless dropped, or something hits it. Normal use probably won't break the screen. Do you drop your phone a lot? If so, I think that there are cases out there that provide considerable protection, but also add much bulk. I got the Aria due to it's small size.

4. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member

The case I got from fommy.com protected my phone from a three foot drop the other day. Had the phone since July, it's been camping, to Disneyland, Legoland, and a 50 mile r/t commute with no durability issues.

5. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which case did you get?

6. CarBUZZ

CarBUZZ Member

My HTC Nexus had cracked screen just being left one day in parked car under sun. With Galaxy so far no problems after few "actions".

7. sogood

sogood New Member

Let me put it like this: I got blackout drunk a few weekends back and woke up the next day with scratches, cuts, bruises, and dirt all over my body. I'd obviously spent quit a bit of time falling over and hitting the ground. All the while my Aria was in my pocket and I know it had to have taken some of the blow a few times and not a thing happened to it. Pretty solid.

8. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member