what's your favorite cheesy-action flick from the 90's?

1. meatheatzombie

meatheatzombie New Member

Mine, are Judge Dredd and Demolition Man.

What's yours?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Timecop was good n' cheesy. It's hard to remember which ones were late 80's vs early 90's.
  3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

cant remember if 80's or 90's but..... Flash *ah ahhhh(or however they sing it)* Gordon!
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am going to have to go with Searching for Bobby Fischer. In fact, that is the ONLY Chessy-action flick from the 90s I have seen.

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;))
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Maximum Overdrive!! (think it was 80's though)
  6. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Lmao!! I loved that flick.
  7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Last Action Hero
  8. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

Tango & Cash if thats not cheesy enough.
  9. atljatl

atljatl Well-Known Member

"Turner and hooch" had a lot of action... And love.
  10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I have a longer list of cheesy flicks from the 80s (mostly Arnold films, Commando, Running Man, Predator, et al). Fortunately, another cheesy flick of his just barely made your cut, Total Recall, 1990. As it happens, I see they're remaking it and it's due out for release this year (I hate remakes btw). Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

Other 90s cheese, Street Fighter the movie, the Bill and Ted series was also rather cheesy (although the 1st one came out in 1989). I can't think of many from the 90s, my mind keeps going back to 80s cheese.
  11. pockings

pockings Well-Known Member

Starship Troopers is pretty cheesy.
  12. atljatl

Only since txgoat mentioned some 80's flix... :D. -Bloodsport-... And honestly, can you really have a cheesy 90s action movies discussion without talking about the 80's movies? I mean, 80's action movies were just horrendous... And awesome...
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Now if you're talking 80's the list goes on and on lol.
  14. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Since AtlJatl mentioned me mentioning 80s flicks, Roadhouse was also pretty cheesy, and was being played over and over on regular broadcast TV for some reason....
  15. atljatl

Since txgoat mentioned me mentioning him mention... Wait.. <Teenage mutant ninja turtles> was the 90s
  16. atljatl

Battlefield earth- 2 week bump. I will not let this thread die....COWARDS!!!
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  17. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

atljatl likes this.
  18. atljatl

19. NightAngel79

I can't stand scien I always loved that movie. Would of liked to see the second half of the book get made into a movie
  20. atljatl

Twins: with Arnold and Danny devito. I'm pretty sure I get teary-eyed at the end of that movie though
  21. NightAngel79

^classic

Just stumbled across 'The Wraith' charlie sheen, from 86....
  22. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Starship Troopers
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  23. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I'd vote for "True Lies".

While I do find "Bill and Ted" enjoyable when I'm in the mood for no-brainer comedy, I really don't think either of those qualified as "action". :)
  24. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

Last Action Hero, Starship Troopers, Mortal Combat
  25. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

If True Lies isn't an action movie, what the hell is it? I don't know what else you'd call a movie with a harrier jet destroying a building, and shooting down a helicopter after a "witty" catchphrase.