• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite keyboard?

I use Swiftkey X on all my devices (my wife uses the stock CM7 keyboard).

Well when I was running CM7 before, every time my phone would restart all my keyboard setting would go back to default. I got tired of re-enabling them over and over so i just went to stock. i guess I haven't checked if it still does it. I'll prolly download SwiftKey and give it another go.

Upvote 0
You have it enabled under the settings in language & keyboard? Then you need to clear the default settings from the old default (under manage apps) and set the new one as the default.

SwiftKey let's you do all that in the initial setup when you click on it in the app drawer. I haven't had it go back to any other keyboard after completing their setup.

Upvote 0
Before reboot...
wt7xh1.png

After reboot...
33nex5x.png

Could it have something to do with my install location being my SD card?

Upvote 0
I use Swype. I tried a few others, but went back to Swype.

And, as you've found, keyboard apps need to stay on the phone memory. A long time ago I had all my apps moved to SD card with Link2SD, and all ran perfectly from SD except for keyboard apps (Swype in particular, since that was my favorite), and after moving Swype back to the phone, it worked fine again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones