• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

Yeah its pretty crazy. Saw lots of crazy people on the news. I think there were even riots or something like that. But yeah the parade is supposed to be today at 11. Wish I could go but I'm away at school and its too long of a drive for me.

Eff that. I would've been there if I were you lol. When the Yanks won last season.. I made sure I would be there. I went super bundled up b/c it was crazy cold. One of my friend's made it on a page of SI b/c he was hanging from a street sign cheering lol. (found the pic!)

Attachments

• greg.jpg
    greg.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Eff that. I would've been there if I were you lol. When the Yanks won last season.. I made sure I would be there. I went super bundled up b/c it was crazy cold. One of my friend's made it on a page of SI b/c he was hanging from a street sign cheering lol. (found the pic!)

Trust me if I could have been there I would have been. But I can't exactly drive to SF from Washington. LOL its only 800 miles.... And I can't miss that much school. Are you gonna call me a bad fan now? :rolleyes:

But I do know some friends who went to the SFO airport at 5 am to meet the players when their plane arrived. They got autographs and photos and stuff. Ugh I wanted to be there so bad!

Upvote 0
Trust me if I could have been there I would have been. But I can't exactly drive to SF from Washington. LOL its only 800 miles.... And I can't miss that much school. Are you gonna call me a bad fan now? :rolleyes:

No, I won't call you a bad fan. I understand you were far away. I'm just saying that wild horses couldn't take me away from attending that WS parade. That's just me though.

Upvote 0
I just may have to agree here. They easily have the best starting rotation in baseball now.
This may be the best pitching rotation in the past 10 years or more. I can't think of any team that was so strong 1-4 and Blanton would be 3 guy or even a 2 on some teams.

Don't know if we can crown them 2011 champs yet... their batting lineup is not what it was. Although they only have to score one more run than the opposing team, who won't be scoring much.

Damn stupid Yankee fans for spitting on Lee's wife.:mad: He would be pitching behind CC now!

Upvote 0
This may be the best pitching rotation in the past 10 years or more. I can't think of any team that was so strong 1-4 and Blanton would be 3 guy or even a 2 on some teams.

Don't know if we can crown them 2011 champs yet... their batting lineup is not what it was. Although they only have to score one more run than the opposing team, who won't be scoring much.

Damn stupid Yankee fans for spitting on Lee's wife.:mad: He would be pitching behind CC now!

ESPN wrote an article stating how it's possibly one of the best rotations assembled of all-time.

Philadelphia Phillies' rotation the best ever? - ESPN

As for Lee coming to NY, I truthfully don't think how his wife was treated that ONE day effected their decision at all. I think they based it all on the fact that they've done the Philly thing before and the Lee's lived like kings there. You have to remember that CC is his best friend, you would think that, that would have some weight but sometimes they aren't always after the $$$ signs.

Philly fans are 100x worse than any horrific Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Braves, Angels, Orioles, etc.. fans I have ever seen. I mean seriously.. who the hell forces themselves to vomit on someone else? Unfortunately, it only takes 1 fan to **** it up for the entire fan base.

Upvote 0
Go Rangers!!! Been a fan since I was a kid and ticket holder since '96. And I live in Colorado now!!! We get down for as many games as possible during the season, and this year for 2 magical weeks I got to see my boys play baseball in October and November! It was awesome, and I cried like a little boy when we won the ALDS(flame suit on)

It ll be nice having Cliff Lee pitch FOR them next year instead of against.

That didn't work out for either of us did it! Sorry to see him go to Philly, but it was actually kind of refreshing to see a ball player go where he wanted to go for less money(it's still a lot of dough).

Upvote 0
Go Rangers!!! Been a fan since I was a kid and ticket holder since '96. And I live in Colorado now!!! We get down for as many games as possible during the season, and this year for 2 magical weeks I got to see my boys play baseball in October and November! It was awesome, and I cried like a little boy when we won the ALDS(flame suit on)

That didn't work out for either of us did it! Sorry to see him go to Philly, but it was actually kind of refreshing to see a ball player go where he wanted to go for less money(it's still a lot of dough).

No flame suit, dude. Your Rangers waxed my Yankees asses (I'm assuming that you meant ALCS instead of ALDS). Lee left a butt load of $ on the table just to return to Philly. I was a little upset to not see him in a Yankee uniform but that's because we're a bit spoiled. I'm just glad he's out of the AL.

Upvote 0
No flame suit, dude. Your Rangers waxed my Yankees asses (I'm assuming that you meant ALCS instead of ALDS). Lee left a butt load of $ on the table just to return to Philly. I was a little upset to not see him in a Yankee uniform but that's because we're a bit spoiled. I'm just glad he's out of the AL.

Oops, yeah ALCS. I'm REALLY glad he went to the NL. Those boys are going to be tough next year. It was nice to finaly beat the "Evil Empire". I think everybody somewhere deep down inside is a Yankee fan, I mean they are as American as you can get. I have great respect for them, the only thing that bothers me is the "I have been a Yankee fan since I was born" people. Maybe if they were born in '96!!! That new stadium is beautiful. I got up that way for a series this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones