• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

And the CY Young goes to...

Felix Hernandez? Lol, he's the front runner for the AL Cy Young award.

Great game last night! One of the best pitching duels I've seen in a while.

Yeah, what an amazing game. We need some bullpen help. I get severely upset when scrubs like Reid Brignac hit walk-off HR's.

Upvote 0
And the CY Young goes to... .

Felix Hernandez? Lol, he's the front runner for the AL Cy Young award.

King Felix definitely is deserving but does not get the attention because he plays on a crappy team. You know sort of like how Carl Crawford didn't get much attention until the Rays got good.

Great game last night! One of the best pitching duels I've seen in a while.

Yeah, what an amazing game. We need some bullpen help. I get severely upset when scrubs like Reid Brignac hit walk-off HR's.

I would not call him a scrub, I actually think he's turning into a good ball player and probably could be an everyday starter on several teams. But I do agree that the yankee pitching staff needs some work, although my Rays have had their issues lately from their pitching staff as well.

Upvote 0
King Felix definitely is deserving but does not get the attention because he plays on a crappy team. You know sort of like how Carl Crawford didn't get much attention until the Rays got good.

According to recent polls and professional opinions, King Felix is #1 right now in the AL Cy Young voting then CC then Price but that can all change in the last few weeks.

I would not call him a scrub, I actually think he's turning into a good ball player and probably could be an everyday starter on several teams. But I do agree that the yankee pitching staff needs some work, although my Rays have had their issues lately from their pitching staff as well.

Ehh, if you say so. I don't find him impressive in the least bit but he is still young and is still developing his skills/tools so perhaps I'm being too critical.

Upvote 0
I was born and raised a Twins fan... But since moving to the Tampa bay area in 1995, the home town Rays have grown on me... i root for both teams through out the season, but when they play eachother, i gotta stick to my Twins... this years playoffs are gonna be rough though, because i would love to see both teams win a world series.. but i know that aint gonna happen lol

Upvote 0
My Cincinnati Reds have clinched their first winning season since 2000!! Sadly that IS a huge step for my Reds. Now time to forget about the cards and start thinking about playoff matchups.

I'm a little afraid of how that bullpen will hold up w/ Cordero's status uncertain due to his recent struggles. Chapman as a closer would = pwnsauce although I could see him more in a middle relief or long relief role.

Upvote 0
I'm a little afraid of how that bullpen will hold up w/ Cordero's status uncertain due to his recent struggles. Chapman as a closer would = pwnsauce although I could see him more in a middle relief or long relief role.

People are screaming for chapman to replace coco. And rightly so, 105mph!?!?!? Am personally sick of watching cordero's struggles. Paying that man too much for him to have an era over 4. Still, first winning season in 10 years and first visit to playoffs in 15. For now i'm just happy they got there.

Upvote 0
People are screaming for chapman to replace coco. And rightly so, 105mph!?!?!? Am personally sick of watching cordero's struggles. Paying that man too much for him to have an era over 4. Still, first winning season in 10 years and first visit to playoffs in 15. For now i'm just happy they got there.

Overall, he's been lights out for you guys for the vast majority of the season. His recent struggles just come at a very inconvenient time (since the playoffs are approaching rather quickly). If it wasn't for CarGo, I'd likely vote Votto for NL MVP.

Upvote 0
Overall, he's been lights out for you guys for the vast majority of the season. His recent struggles just come at a very inconvenient time (since the playoffs are approaching rather quickly). If it wasn't for CarGo, I'd likely vote Votto for NL MVP.

Still, votto should win it. With out him good chance we don't even finish at 500.

Upvote 0
Been a Mets fan my whole life. I've never seen them win a championship (actually, I've never seen any of my teams win a championship) and I get depressed every time I watch the Mets nowadays. I cried when they lost in 2006, but when they win in the distant future, it'll feel great.

2 words: new management!

Upvote 0
Tampa Bay is the new AL East CHAMPS

Yep yep, Rays are def deserving of the AL East. My Yankees poor September play better not carry into the postseason. Now for the best part of the MLB to begin. GO YANKS!

Word!! LOL

Come on post season.... first time in 15 years I've had something to look forward to in Oct.

Gotta face the Phillies in the first round. That's gonna be rough. Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels in a 3 man rotation is going to hurt... badly

Upvote 0
Yanks just dont have the starting pitching this post season after CC. I mean seriously who is the team's #2 and #3 right now? They own the Twins, but probably wont make it past the Rays and even if they do [doubtful] the Phils look unbeatable

CC, Pettitte and Hughes. It's not nearly as good as the Phillies 3-man rotation of Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels but the Yankees know how to win. Not to mention that they are the most experienced (and successful) playoff team in MLB history so I'm not too concerned.

By the way, the critics said the same thing last year when the Phillies had Cliff Lee and we dominated them in the WS.

Tim McCarver has a saying "You just can't predict baseball, folks"

Upvote 0
CC, Pettitte and Hughes. It's not nearly as good as the Phillies 3-man rotation of Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels but the Yankees know how to win. Not to mention that they are the most experienced (and successful) playoff team in MLB history so I'm not too concerned.

By the way, the critics said the same thing last year when the Phillies had Cliff Lee and we dominated them in the WS.

Tim McCarver has a saying "You just can't predict baseball, folks"
Yeah I mean that is why they play the games.

Upvote 0
Yep yep, Rays are def deserving of the AL East. My Yankees poor September play better not carry into the postseason. Now for the best part of the MLB to begin. GO YANKS!

Gotta face the Phillies in the first round. That's gonna be rough. Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels in a 3 man rotation is going to hurt... badly

Not overly worried, we beat holiday and oswalt this year plus played philly's pretty tough this year... guess we'll see wed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones