• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

Yankees look awfully good this year. It would be nice for the captain to go out with another ring.

They looked good in spring training... lots of competition this year in their division. I just don't see a team dominating that lot.

I'd like to see Jeeeee-tuh go out on a nice note like Rivera did, but my gut feeling tells me that he'd be lucky to get in half a season..... too injury prone at this stage of his career.

I hope it doesn't come true, I've got tickets to two games in their series against my Cards. I'd like Jeter to be healthy and playing the first game of the series.... the stadium giveaway that day is a replica ring of the 1964 world series.... just so happens to be the 50th anniversary of the Cards defeat of the Yanks that year :)

Oh and always.... really excited to see Beltran play in Busch Stadium again.... even if it is in a pinstriped uniform.

Upvote 0
What about that goop on Pineida's (sp) neck. I know he got tossed, but was it more for being stupidly blatant?

Yeah, that was pine tar. I used to use it back in the day when I pitched too. The consensus is that you're allowed to do it, but do not make it obvious, which in his case - he did. Girardi is equally to blame though. He should have spotted that from a mile away and told him to remove it, but he just let him walk out of the dugout. I suspect a 6-game suspension is coming for Pineda with a minuscule fine.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was pine tar. I used to use it back in the day when I pitched too. The consensus is that you're allowed to do it, but do not make it obvious, which in his case - he did. Girardi is equally to blame though. He should have spotted that from a mile away and told him to remove it, but he just let him walk out of the dugout. I suspect a 6-game suspension is coming for Pineda with a minuscule fine.

I saw a great tweet that he should get 2 games for the pine tar and 8 games for being stupid. :rofl:

It's tough to blame Girardi as Pineda put it on his neck between the first & second inning. Seems to a man to Sox & Yanks pretty much said it wasn't that he was using it, but it was so blatant he needed to be called out.

Upvote 0
I saw a great tweet that he should get 2 games for the pine tar and 8 games for being stupid. :rofl:

It's tough to blame Girardi as Pineda put it on his neck between the first & second inning. Seems to a man to Sox & Yanks pretty much said it wasn't that he was using it, but it was so blatant he needed to be called out.

Yeah, AJ Pierzynski said it.

Upvote 0
Doutbful. Let's be realistic though - if Jeter was caught juicing, the MLB will go down the tubes real quick. He's the golden child of professional baseball.

While we're on the subject of juicing, don't act as if nobody on your team hasn't done it. Ortiz has been on the juice for years and even tested positive multiple times, but for some unknown reason he remains a media darling. I guess it's easier to mask your drug use when you don't have to play the field. :rolleyes:

In other news, Sunday can't come soon enough. I need my baseball fix.
I have to admit it's fun to see Jeter stumbling around trying to play shortstop. A player so selfish he insists on playing shortstop even when the Yanks traded for Arod (at the time a MUCH better shortstop). If Jeter spent his career in KC nobody would have ever heard of him and he'd be in the minors by now.

Twins 6 runs in 9th! ROTFLMAO

Upvote 0
I have to admit it's fun to see Jeter stumbling around trying to play shortstop. A player so selfish he insists on playing shortstop even when the Yanks traded for Arod (at the time a MUCH better shortstop). If Jeter spent his career in KC nobody would have ever heard of him and he'd be in the minors by now.

Twins 6 runs in 9th! ROTFLMAO

Harsh.

Upvote 0
Anyone see the Mets/Phils series this weekend? Actually, still going on as it's 5 games (today is a make-up for a rainout). 3 games in a row went to extras, the first 2 were 14 innings and 5+ hours.

Niese pitched a VERY nice game on Sunday, too bad they pulled him for offense in the 9th. 91 pitches in 8 innings, he could have gone 10 to save the BP if he kept it up.

Upvote 0
Anyone see the Mets/Phils series this weekend? Actually, still going on as it's 5 games (today is a make-up for a rainout). 3 games in a row went to extras, the first 2 were 14 innings and 5+ hours.

Niese pitched a VERY nice game on Sunday, too bad they pulled him for offense in the 9th. 91 pitches in 8 innings, he could have gone 10 to save the BP if he kept it up.

Truth be told, I try not to watch the Mets. They tend to piss me off more often than not. However, it is good to see Niese finally coming into his own. I know the Mets have had high praises for him since they drafted him in '05.

Upvote 0
Not when you're ragging on one of the best players of all-time. A future first ballot HoF guy. Whether his stats would be similar if he played in KC, HOU, or TOR is irrelevant. He plays for the Yankees.

i don't accept that he WAS one of the best players in any sense. his D was never better than average. he doesn't hit for power. if he played for kc he wouldn't have had impressive rbi numbers. the ONLY reason he is well known is playing in a big market with big money players surrounding him to get on base and knock him in. he is a good hitter, not enough power to be a great hitter. he was a decent fielder though now the worst in mlb. the gold gloves were in homage to the yankees, not his fielding. i think he was a good player but when you compare him to the all time greats it is a joke.

Upvote 0
i don't accept that he WAS one of the best players in any sense. his D was never better than average. he doesn't hit for power. if he played for kc he wouldn't have had impressive rbi numbers. the ONLY reason he is well known is playing in a big market with big money players surrounding him to get on base and knock him in. he is a good hitter, not enough power to be a great hitter. he was a decent fielder though now the worst in mlb. the gold gloves were in homage to the yankees, not his fielding. i think he was a good player but when you compare him to the all time greats it is a joke.

Because suddenly power dictates whether a hitter is good or great? Pete Rose was a great hitter and he wasn't a power hitter. Not sure what your point is here. Just sounds like you're a little bitter over something, which I don't know what it is. It's not Jeter's fault that he plays for the greatest sports franchise in sports history.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones