• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

Not overly worried, we beat holiday and oswalt this year plus played philly's pretty tough this year... guess we'll see wed
the Phillies don't have anyone named Holiday:D

but after seeing this... you should be worried. i know i would be.
scaled.php

but anyway, there really isn't anyone besides maybe the giants who will cause a problem for the Phillies. We are 5-1 against the Braves in the last 6 which has been within the last 2 weeks, and the game we lost we used 8 different pitchers, mostly young, to just get them some time in there. I'm not really worried about the NL.

Upvote 0
Well of course I'm a Yankees fan, so its may favourite team from New York Yankees,
But also NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers is one of the best team in the MLB.
And david wright is my favourite player.

The LA Dodgers are far from one of the best teams in baseball. They may have a few great players but that doesn't make them one of the best teams.

Upvote 0
the Phillies don't have anyone named Holiday:D

but after seeing this... you should be worried. i know i would be.
scaled.php

but anyway, there really isn't anyone besides maybe the giants who will cause a problem for the Phillies. We are 5-1 against the Braves in the last 6 which has been within the last 2 weeks, and the game we lost we used 8 different pitchers, mostly young, to just get them some time in there. I'm not really worried about the NL.

2-10 huh. that works for me... we only need to win 1 at your place to take philly's down. Lets also not forget that you cant take into account any year other than this, the reds record this year speaks towards that. Plus those for games they swept us this year i believe neither team scored many runs in.
Lets see what else... We lead the NL in runs scored along with almost every other important offensive category. Plus we beat HOLIDAY:)p) and oswalt this year.
Not sweating the phillies at all, besides we need someone who can actually beat the Yank's. Last time we faced them in the Series we swept them:D

Upvote 0
2-10 huh. that works for me... we only need to win 1 at your place to take philly's down. Lets also not forget that you cant take into account any year other than this, the reds record this year speaks towards that. Plus those for games they swept us this year i believe neither team scored many runs in.
Lets see what else... We lead the NL in runs scored along with almost every other important offensive category. Plus we beat HOLIDAY:)p) and oswalt this year.
Not sweating the phillies at all, besides we need someone who can actually beat the Yank's. Last time we faced them in the Series we swept them:D

That's assuming you can beat the Phillies twice at home. The only team I would fear in the playoffs right now is the Giants.

1976 references don't count to modern day play. LOL! :p

Upvote 0
That's assuming you can beat the Phillies twice at home. The only team I would fear in the playoffs right now is the Giants.

1976 references don't count to modern day play. LOL! :p

Only need one @ philly, then win both at home:D
and it will be flashback time if our teams get there again (you'll go down in 4!!)
lol

Upvote 0
No offense but you are giving the Reds way too much (undeserved) credit. I personally don't see the Reds advancing into the NLCS or the WS for that matter.

Called optimism:rolleyes:
You should know all about that... it's the only thing keeping the yanks rotation together:D
LOL
And seriously, until reds are eliminated then i say they are going to the series and sweeping the yanks (if THEY get there)
just how i am, if they get swept first round then so be it, was a great season.

fyi: just had to turn game 1 off, i'll be damned if Holiday:)p) gets himself a no-hitter

Upvote 0
Called optimism:rolleyes:
You should know all about that... it's the only thing keeping the yanks rotation together:D
LOL
And seriously, until reds are eliminated then i say they are going to the series and sweeping the yanks (if THEY get there)
just how i am, if they get swept first round then so be it, was a great season.

fyi: just had to turn game 1 off, i'll be damned if Holiday:)p) gets himself a no-hitter

Halladay is a beast. I expected nothing less from him considering it is his very first playoff appearance in his career.

Upvote 0
it's not going to get any easier for the reds. oswalt next hamels to follow.
But it will be easier, Halladay (yes, after last night he deserves i spell his name right, lol) is one of the best in the business. Although Oswalt dominates the reds (29-3 i think) we have had his number recently. Guess we will see.
Halladay is a beast. I expected nothing less from him considering it is his very first playoff appearance in his career.

True dat. Guess i called the no-hitter... In retrospect how would it have turned out if Wood had started, not Volquez. Wood i bet would of got a hit off Halladay. He sure came the closest while i was watching.
How'd the yanks do? I crashed early last night

Upvote 0
But it will be easier, Halladay (yes, after last night he deserves i spell his name right, lol) is one of the best in the business. Although Oswalt dominates the reds (29-3 i think) we have had his number recently. Guess we will see.

True dat. Guess i called the no-hitter... In retrospect how would it have turned out if Wood had started, not Volquez. Wood i bet would of got a hit off Halladay. He sure came the closest while i was watching.
How'd the yanks do? I crashed early last night

Yanks swept the Twins in typical fashion. Just waiting for the winner of Rangers/Rays to decide our opponent in the ALCS. Damn Reds barely put up a fight vs the Phillies. Braves vs Giants has been a great matchup. I'm hoping the Giants take the lead and the win.

The rays are pretty much done in playoff.

Goodbye Carl Crawford and Carlos Pena

Don't count them out just yet. It's not over till it's over, remember that.

Upvote 0
There pitching yes... while their hitters might have the edge i don't believe their was THAT much of a difference offensively

The games were not high scoring (with exception to game 2) but the Philles were hitting in the clutch whereas the Reds just weren't hitting or if they did hit the ball the Phillies defense was there for the putout.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones