• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats your favorite roller coaster?

Lol, you know Vihzel is a dude, right? ;)

Damn Kelmar! My plan is foiled! :mad:

Oh and speaking of female avatars... your avatar of Hit Girl convinced me to see Kick Ass. Pretty entertaining movie. A lot more graphic than I expected but quite good. She would've died a long time ago if it was real but eh... she's not your average freshman. :p

Upvote 0
Damn Kelmar! My plan is foiled! :mad:

Oh and speaking of female avatars... your avatar of Hit Girl convinced me to see Kick Ass. Pretty entertaining movie. A lot more graphic than I expected but quite good. She would've died a long time ago if it was real but eh... she's not your average freshman. :p

You could have just said I was lying :D

Agreed, awesome movie!!!

Oh, and roller coasters are awesome too! :)

Upvote 0
Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. Not sure if it's still there or not. It's been 10 years or so back that I was there.

The view as you head into the tunnel at 4g's

dolly30.jpg

Upvote 0
I've got to say that the scariest one I've been in was made of wood. It wasn't so scary/thrilling, but the simple fact that it was made of out wood and really high was almost too much for me to handle. Let's say it's a good thing they didn't take a picture of me during the ride. :p We were a group of about 12 people at the amusement park and only 4 of us ended up doing it.
Yeah the crappily built looking ones are by far the most terrifying :eek:

Upvote 0
If you like wood (heh, heh, I said wood) then you would like the Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Wicked fast. Wooden coasters kind of beat the crap out of you though. You should try The Beast at King's Island in Ohio. That is a HUGE wooden coaster.

I've been to Universal Orlando a few times and I've been on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons. The Hulk is OK but a bit slow. Dueling Dragons is just like the Raptor at Cedar Point but I like the two going against each other.

Upvote 0
My fav roller coaster is Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure NJ.

sfga18.jpg

YES!!! B&M makes the best Hyper Coasters... Speed, Length, Height and FUN! They have one in Georgia called Goliath, Its no Nitro, but its pretty close. I love it because it goes over another B&M coaster (Georgia Scorcher - Stand Up) and it goes outside of the park and over the driveway leading to the parking lot. Nitro, Kingda Ka and El Toro are 3 coasters that I've just gotta ride.

200602_aw2005waf2006_2013.jpg

^Goliath

I'm a wood roller coaster guy. I like Great White in Wildwood, NJ and The Comet at Six Flags Great Escape (Queensbury/Lake George, NY). Great White is better though, you pull out of the station and go down under the boardwalk right away...

I love wooden coasters! SFOG has The Georgia Cyclone which is based off the Coney Island Cyclone in NY. Its fun but rough as hell. Still fun though.

If you like wood (heh, heh, I said wood) then you would like the Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Wicked fast. Wooden coasters kind of beat the crap out of you though. You should try The Beast at King's Island in Ohio. That is a HUGE wooden coaster.

I've been to Universal Orlando a few times and I've been on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons. The Hulk is OK but a bit slow. Dueling Dragons is just like the Raptor at Cedar Point but I like the two going against each other.

I really wanna try one of those new types of Wooden Coasters like El toro or Terminator Salvation in Cali. Ive heard that they're alot of fun and not rough like their ancestors. I still like the 'beat you up' feeling of the old classic woodies though.

Upvote 0
Millennium Force stats. 310 feet above the Earth. It broke 10 world records when it opened in 2000. Dives to the ground at an 80-degree angle and reach speeds of 93 mph during your two-minute journey.

Top Thrill Dragster stats. 420 feet above the Earth. Top speed of 120 MPH. It opened as the tallest and fastest coaster in the world back in 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXPhOFRxTc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbN3NU4hIZg&feature=player_embedded

The Maverick is also pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyB9N4mvq4

And the Mean Streak which will beat your ass up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Up1qrJP3U

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones