• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's Your Favorite Weather App?

Phoenix777

Android Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2016
Need a good, accurate weather app with a nice interface and widget for home screen.
Tried 1Weather - not accurate at all, and widget never refreshes unless I launch the app.
Tried AccuWeather - ugly widgets.
Tried Weather Underground - ugly widgets.
Tried a few others (don't remember the names now) - no animated radar.

I need a good weather app with a nice widget for the center of my home screen...something accurate...and something with animated radar when I open the app.

Hope you guys can recommend a few...

P.S. And preferably free.

Can you give us an example of what you consider to be a non-ugly widget? These things are very individual.

(I don't personally use any weather apps with a "radar" feature, so there's nothing I can recommend from my own experience which meets your requirements).
I absolutely LOVE 1Weather's widgets. They are highly customizable and many different sizes. Love those! To me, those are non-ugly widgets. However, I don't care for the app itself. If it was more accurate, I would love it.

Upvote 0
I use HD Widgets linked to Weather Underground...
Screenshot_20160829-181954.png

Upvote 0
I've really been enjoying Dark Sky. It used to be an iOS exclusive, but it made its way to Android natively in the last few months.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.darksky.darksky
Thanks! I'll check it out.
EDIT: I was reading the reviews and people are saying they got tricked into a paid subscription? Not sure what's up with that...

1Weather works great for me. Did you grant it all permissions? I spent a while trying different apps. I had the same wish list as you. Too bad it won't work for you.
When I install an app from the Play Store, I have never seen an option to grant all permissions or not. It's either you grant all permissions and install the app by clicking "install/accept"...or you don't grant permissions and click "cancel" and therefore you can't install the app.

I use HD Widgets linked to Weather Underground...
View attachment 109155

HD Widgets and Weatherunderground here as well. For a quick check of radar I use Raindar.

I did something similar. After spending a LOT of time installing/uninstalling weather apps and widgets, I went with BeWeather for my home screen widget but there is an option to link it to any app on your device, so I set it up so that when I click on the weather icon on the widget it launches AccuWeather, which I LOVE as an app (the most accurate and thorough weather app I've ever experienced - but widgets are ugly lol). So I guess I'm all set now! Thanks SO MUCH for all your replies, guys! I'll still check out those apps you all recommended. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IIRC you and I run a version of Weatherbug (Elite???) that is no longer available. The newer weatherbug app is quite a bit different.

I have them both installed. I detest the ads in the free version. I prefer the UI in Elite.

The radar, hourly, 10-day screens contain mostly the same information and in some cases exactly the same information.

The free version has some added displays that I find irrelevant.

... Thom

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones