What's your favouite ROM?

Last Updated:

1. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Around a week ago I rooted and installed a Leedriod ROM in my Desire. I choose Leedroid because it was the first one I came across amid all the ads, broken links and other confusions there to help me part with my money, that was straight forward enough in its instructions for a novice like me to first of all download, then install.

I'm happy with my Leedroid, but I don't have experience of any other ROMs. So that led me to a question; What's your favourite ROM and why?

A link to download would be useful too :).

Advertisement
  2. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Richard Trip's Defrost 5.1 Rom [ROM-FroYo AOSP+CyanogenMod] (I prefer the Nexus type roms)

Index of /

It's up to 5.3 but I'm sticking with 5.0 for now as the improvements aren't enought for me to upgrade just yet.

EDIT:

I meant 5.1 not 5.0 (corrected now)

3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

LeeDroid all the way for me.

Have tried DeFrost and did not like it. Tried Teppic and like it but found I could do more on LeeDroid.

Currently running 2.2a overclocked to 1113 and getting quadrant scores of 1600 so its nice and fast. He has also just created a dropbox so its permanently linked to mine and can get all the updates immediately.

Have changed my fonts, notification bar and drop down, got a new bootscreen and boot up sound and am constantly looking for more stuff to make mine individual :D

Be good to heat other peoples experiences with other roms as always willing to try new ones.

4. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Using MIUI at the minute.

Going to swwitch back to Defrost for the HAVS kernel soon.

5. Luffer

Luffer Well-Known Member

I'm using the Pinky Desire ROM currently on version 1.8. It's very stable and quick. Basically a stock Android 2.2 with HTC Sense. Not been updated for a long time, but if it works, why mess with it!

6. memgem

memgem Well-Known Member

im on AuraxTsense 7.6.1 NeoPhyte and its awesome, manage to alter the docks/drawers similar to that of cyanogen mods roms and also this one has a fully workin camera and vid recorder. not one prob

7. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

RCMixHD for me, the new Sense is awesome

8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

+1 for DeFroSt 5.1

9. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

Leedroid 2.2a for me

Tried Cyanongen briefly and AuraxTsense 7.6.1 for a couple of weeks but have gone back to Leedroid

10. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

11. SUroot

12. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I've just this minute tried an AuraxTsense ROM and have gone straight back to Defrost (I just didn't like sense after getting used to a vanilla ROM) - such a great setup that we can try all these different roms etc and just switch back so easily :)

13. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

id like to try a diffrent rom but cant be doing with all the re-entering all my passwords for diffrent e-mail and facbook accounts. dose putting new roms in whipe everything??
    im on the 2.2 froyo form the how to debrand and upgrade virgin phones thread.. i take it that is just a standard rom??

will be keeping an eye on all the posts in here before i decide to put a new rom in...
    think all i really need is one that is easy for a newbie and can push games and apps to sd card even if they dont have that option... if such a rom is out there :)

14. SUroot

Teppics rom mentioned earlier in this thread, is a stock 2.2, but has a2sd+. With the correct partitioning of your SD card, it will appear to Android as if the partition is Internal memory, so your apps install there without using all your memory up.

You could titanium backup and restore almost everything as you are going from stock 2.2 to another stock 2.2.

The issue about titanium is if you are going from different andrdoid versions or from one dev's rom to another dev's rom, sometimes a titanium backup restore over writes system files causing Force closes. But you can then uninstall individual parts that were restored or just selectively restore.

dj.GETAFIX likes this.
  15. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Was happy with teppic74's prerooted 2.2 with /sd-ext for apps on SD then made the switch to vanilla CyanogenMod 6 nightly and I'm really liking it, the latest build has a working FM radio. I used OpenDesire for a while as well but it has some problems hence why AdemG releases an update every couple days.

I never gave second thoughts about MIUI, I don't want my phone looking like an Apple iOS, I may give Defrost a run sometimes.

16. SUroot

A lot of the AOSP roms are constantly trying to improve things as well as fix things. Even Defrost. I installed defrost 5.1 around the weekend and now its version 5.3

17. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

MoDaCo R8 Rom here. Only cause thats the one that was recommended in the Unrevoked Rooting thread.

I wouldnt know what the difference between them all is, though I have just downloaded the DeFrost 5.3 Rom.

Might give that a try.

18. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Another one for LeeDroid Rom here!

19. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Tried ModaCo Kitchen rom in both Vanilla form and sense. Currently enjoying Vanilla Cyanogenmod. Even managed to properly partitioned the card for an ext partition were all my apps get installed by default.

20. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

app2sd+ does rock. Must have about 50apps installed and i've still got 110mb free memory on the phone :)

21. Panama

Panama Active Member

Running VillainRomHD and absolutely loving it, combined with the lcd resolution set to 180 and Launcher Pro this thing is so smooth and once the devs have sussed the camera out it will be the dog's doodaa's :)

22. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

LeeDroid 2.1a here. I haven't gotten around to upgrading to the new one yet. This version is awesome though. Rock solid, quick and space on the phone is no longer an issue.

23. snakeeyes21

snakeeyes21 Well-Known Member

leedroid 2.2a for me too, only got my desire a week ago, rooted installed leedroid as soon as I got it.

Got a circle clock, changed the icons to colour pack, changed the notification dropdown to a mix of sense, dr droid and brightsilence (for the nifty android icon in the dropdown background) all made using the kitchen at UOT Kitchen Ive also put the click trackpad to unlock, 2 clicks and the phone wakes up and is ready to use.

Just these little things make the phone alot better IMO.

I now want to find more things i can add and change

[​IMG]

24. paul5f

paul5f Well-Known Member

Modaco R9 from the kitchen - allows you to select which parts of the sense rom you want to include, which parts of stock android you want to include and has some extra goodies like apps2sd+ (I currently have 130 apps installed and have 42mb free).

25. patpending

patpending Well-Known Member

Have tried DeFroST, LeeDrOiD, MIUI and a handfull of others.

Currently using MacLite V1.0. Found it to be nice and stable, all 'standard' features work quite well.

Fast to move through menus and load apps. Using in conjunction with Launcher Pro + Folder Organizer ... where I once had 5/7 active home screens, I now have everything on the 1 (main kudos to Folder Organizer for that) and going quite well.