What's your opinion on the new Swype version

Last Updated: 2011-01-04 01:37:44
  1. chuckbytes

chuckbytes New Member

I know change is sometimes a difficult thing to adjust to, but I'm finding this new version of Swype to be more cumbersome to use. Maybe its me but does anyone else find the same issue.

After upgrading my version of the Galaxy S Vibrant to 2.2, I’m getting very poor response to accuracy in this version of Swype. What happened.

SWYPE ROCKED !!!
    I used to be sloppy and fast yet the results were great, now it's popping up the correction screen almost every time. I've adjusted the speed vs accuracy to no avail.

Simple Example: “The cow jumped over the moon” now computes to “The vote jumped over the Nikon” yes I’m being sloppy and fast but that’s what I loved about Swype, it would anticipate and put the right words in place 90% of the time, now I’m spending way too much time choosing the right word or slowing down my input to be more accurate.

Plus the keys on the screen are smaller than those displayed in the last version.
    Also, why can't I adjust the length of the trails anymore, seems that it will only use the default length and full trails.

I would like to revert the version of Swype to the previous one I used before this last upgrade to Android 2.2, is that possible.

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Not without root and probably a custom rom.