What's your signal strength / mobile network?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jbuch84

Jbuch84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Like the title says, what is everyone's signal strength (settings/about phone/status) and have you been experiencing any mobile network issues at this level?

My signal hovers between -96 dBm and -101 dBm and have had network problems beyond belief. Moto droid sitting directly beside my fascinate typically is ten points better at -86 dBm through -91 dBm with zero network problems

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I'm almost always at -86dBm I think once ever I saw it at -91dBm, although I dont check very often

3. Jbuch84

Hhmm, I'm contemplating returning this one in hopes that my 3g issues are a faulty antenna...but this is my second fascinate..first one was replaced because of the same problem...what's the chances of getting two fascinates with junk antennas in a row? Lol

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Maybe give this a try. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814463
    Mixed results but if you are on the verge of returning it it wont hurt

5. Jbuch84

I installed the 3g.zip found in that thread early this morning, seems quicker when I can actually get a 3g connection. Thanks for helping though, I'm all ears for anything that keeps my connection solid!

6. Ralem

Ralem New Member

My signal strength is also low. I get 0-2 bars most of the time. I pull 100-200 Kbps download speed average. At one point the phone was without a signal 73% of the time according to the batt manager.

Don't have another phone to compare so maybe its my area? My old dumbphone got 4 bars. Even outside of home near and in the cities, my signal is erratic. Might try a factory reset but not sure if that will solve anything. Maybe I should call verizon and see if my phone is properly configured?