whatsapp.. anyone got it working?General

1. codral

codral Well-Known Member

Been reading a few blog posts about getting whatsapp working on tabs... seems fairly easy but also doesn't seem to work on this... anyone know of a hacked version?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What is not working? I have not tried it on mine, but see no reason for it to not work.
  3. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

I have tried to download whatsapp as well on my 10.1 and it just says this isnt compatible with your device in the play store.
  4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I think this means the program has not been updated to work on the Galaxy 10.1 note upgraded operating system.:rolleyes:
  5. codral

codral Well-Known Member

It's not meant to work at all on tablet but pplenty of people have got it working on other tabs, and most are running same version of ics
  6. Szadzik

You want me to give you the apk so you can instal it?
  7. james_uk

I'd like the apk :)
  8. codral

codral Well-Known Member

9. james_uk

Could it be that you have to tick unknown sources?

also mine is wifi only, would i have to have the 3g version or if i can get it installed on my wifi version will i be able to still input my phone number and use it?
  10. Szadzik

I will test it on mine later and let you know.
  11. Szadzik

Just downloaded WhatsApp from the link above. Installed and set up using 3G. Sent myself a message to my phone and that worked just fine.

Screenshot attached.

EDIT: I did not have to use any tricks or anything like that, simply set up the same way I did on my phone.

Attached Files:

12. james_uk

can anyone tell me if this will work on the wifi only version of the galaxy note 10.1?
  13. james_uk

Ok well i tried to install the apk which installed fine, as soon as i got to the accept the t&c's and pressed agree i got error saying this device isnt supported, and a msg underneith saying we do not support tablets.
  14. Szadzik

I think it is because it is WiFi only. Mine did not do anything like that and I have 3G version. For me a tablet without 3G is basically useless, as without WiFi you are stuck with no connectivity.
  15. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Where did you purchase your 3G Note from? I'm still on the lookout but I don't want the gray.
  16. Szadzik

eBay.
  17. codral

codral Well-Known Member

The 3g was a few hundred extra for me and I already have a wireless broadband modem and a phone capable of acting as one so it was a no brainer for me...

That said, even the non 3g versions work, that website I posted above gives a work around.

The problem is with the install, i'm quite surprised yours worked szadzik.. What version of ICS are you running? Did you install that .apk I posted above? Are you rooted?
  18. Szadzik

Will post my firmware later when I get back to my plac.e

I installed the apk from the link above. I am rooted, that does not have anything to do with installing it.

Do you have unknown sources checked?
  19. Szadzik

I am on XXLH2