• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whatsapp not working on 3G/4g only Wifi

It need not be a phone specific issue. This could happen if your APN setting is missing the internet APN. You might be having the APN for gprs and mms, but there are chances that your provider missed to send you your APN for internet. Do a quick google for the internet APN settings of your provider and enter it in there.

A sample internet APN setting for !dea would look like the following.

name : idea_internet
apn : internet
apn type : internet

Please do try it out. This would solve the issue with all your communication apps. I had the same on my galaxy S3 and this fixed my issue.

Cheers!
bonbets

Upvote 0
Here's how I solved mine.

Using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 7100 with Android 4.3

Go to Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names

tap the Options button (physically to the left of the home button) and hit Reset to default.

within 10 seconds all your chat Apps including BBM should be connected to your 3G/4G.

Please note that this step also resolves the issue for WhatsAPP.

Upvote 0
dear friends,
I had the same issue, finally got over it.

steps..

1) relax its not a big problem..
2) you have to call your service provider and ask him for the the new APN settings manually..

they will guide you for every step for " how to create a new APN"

REMEMBER TO CALL FROM AN ANOTHER MOBILE NUMBER. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR SETTING WHILE YOU ARE ON PHONE.

If you like it, them please reply..

Thank you..

Upvote 0
I think you must check internet first. This mean you make sure you can connect to internet before whatsapp

It happen in my case likewise;I can connect to internet but I can't operate whatsapp and true caller. But when I called customer care officer. They helped me in setting new APN settings and after that I can connect to whatsapp and truecaller. And everything was working fine.

Upvote 0
Lenovo A6000 -Problem : Whatsapp not working on wifi.

Go to Security - >Data Usage - > Network firewall - > Whatsapp (Scroll down) - > Verify WIFI Symbol enabled with blue color highlighted.
By default , when installed - goes in to disabled mode.
took one month for me to identify the issue and resolved me self with Sai 's grace ...after praying and tried workaround in just 20 mins..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones