• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WHATSAPP sync / link error

dayd08

Oct 29, 2009
anyone getting problems with WHATSAPP since latest update?

it keeps trying to link already linked contacts? try and turn off the auto sync but somehow keeps turning itself on!!!
santaangry.png

im currently running 2.2 on Desire HD

anyone getting problems with WHATSAPP since latest update?

it keeps trying to link already linked contacts? try and turn off the auto sync but somehow keeps turning itself on!!!
santaangry.png

im currently running 2.2 on Desire HD

me! i actually have multiple whatsapp contact of the same name for certain people in my whatsapp contacts and the phone keeps prompting me to link them up. i linked them up and then it disappears awhile later on my contact card. abit frustrating though so i gave up. is that the phone's fault or whatsapp? :thinking:

DHD user on stock rom.

Upvote 0
I got an email Brian Acton from Whatsapp. He said that the new update should fix all of the problem. But in my case, after the update it has gotten worst.

Before it would try to relink only 5 contacts, now after the update all of the update try to relink....

I guess the update doesn't work for me. Does it work for any of you?

Upvote 0
i m using motorola defy and in that i have sync problems...just a day later i imported my contacts from memory cad to phone,,n wen i see whatsapp..all contacts gone..just no.s appear while i have those contacts already in the phone..my sync is already on..inspite of it ...no sync...i have to save contacts in watsapp thru add icon ther..n if i do that my contacts double up in address book..whats this error about?ne other syncing way or tips i should deal with this error?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones