• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

whatsapp transferring to another phone?

jools182

Jan 24, 2011
I need to send my phone back for repair

I've got an old galaxy S2 that I was going to use while my other phone is getting repaired

I changed the sim over thinking that whatsapp is linked to the phone number, however it still seem to be linked to the phone that needs repairing as I was getting messages when it was connected to wifi

Any ideas how to change it to my old phone temporarily , then back to the repaired one?

Although whatsapp uses your phone number to identify you, & will use the sim to set the app up, it is not then dependent on the sim. You need to go through the set up process on your temporary device & probably repeat that when you return to your other phone. Any paid subscription period will be recognised & continue normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones