WhatsApp Updates/Google Play StoreGeneral

1. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

If after going into the Google play store and you see there is an update to Whatsapp, if it's downloaded does it overwrite it's previous files or are the updated files cumulative, in other words they add to the file storage?

PS

If this would be better in a more general thread then by all means please move it.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It would overwrite the previous installation. If the new apk was bigger than the old one, there would obviously be an increase in the amount of space taken up, but theoretically, if it was the same size, it wouldn't take up any more space.
  3. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply.

Where in the phone is the apk file?

It used to be in downloads when it was installed by not using Google Play, but as I used the Google store I don't know here it would be found now?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The app itself resides in \data\app which is on the phones internal memory and semi inaccessible without root.

I think you could probably see it with ES File Explorer, but wouldn't be able to do anything with it.
  5. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

I have inserted a 16GB sandisc SD card to my phone, and I have moved the Shazam application from USB storage to SD card, and the option now remaining is to move it to phone, but I want to know is the USB storage the same as the phones storage?

I ask because when I go to phone storage and check I see the Shazam app is showing in the sd card and USB storage shows underneath, is this normal? because this is what it said prior to me inserting the SD micro SD card, the only difference being that I see the green tick whereas before it was unticked.

Is the USB storage and phone storage as one?