WhatsAppSupport

Last Updated:

1. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Is it available for Android phones?

Particularly my Samsung Galaxy S

I want to speak to my iphone and blackberry friends with it.

Advertisement
  2. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

Its still in closed beta. Not sure when its being released. You have to be a authorized beta tester to install it. You get an error message when you try to run it. But i have read that some people are able to force install it.

http://beta.whatsapp.com/WhatsApp.apk

use this and keep on trying to install it to your Android, if you get an error try again this is to force install the application on your Android.
  3. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Yeah I get right down to the very last bit. then it errors.

Shall I uninstall before re-trying or just keep hitting the Re-try button?
  4. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

I dont know. I havent tried it myself.

Try and uninstall and then install it
  5. boeisa

boeisa New Member

6. chuichi

chuichi Member

7. tempest7

tempest7 Well-Known Member

$0.99 USD for iPhone users to get.. but $1.99/year for Android? And it's beta? WTF?
  8. johnnyb2

johnnyb2 Member

Why not just use Google Talk? It's free and doesn't count against your text limits either.
  9. tempest7

tempest7 Well-Known Member

Whatsapp is getting better? I updated this morning (well it asks you to download the update) and maybe it improved some of the performance issues from before. I wasn't getting push notifications until i opened up the app before, or it was really really delayed. like delayed about a day. My friends keep asking me to do stuff, and I don't get their messages until the next day.
  10. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

iphone users don't have google talk otherwise I would use that :p
  11. motd

motd Member

Yes I noticed that iphone users either got it for free or paid 0.99 for the app, one-time.

Android users are charged by per year??
  12. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

its not like $2 is a big deal... that's pocket change really
  13. collinsd14

collinsd14 Member

haha that's what I was thinking...
  14. izzyq8

izzyq8 Member

Its not the amount that we are paying thats annoying, its the principle that i pay for something while others dont for the same functionality
  15. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

So for principle you wouldn't pay the $2 for something that might solve a problem?
  16. izzyq8

izzyq8 Member

no again thats not the point
    I will subscribe because my sister studies abroad and would be nice to chat with her.
    If i had an iphone i would pay a one time fee of 99 cents or whatever the price is
    because i have android i pay yearly 2$ and not a one time fee.

I would pay gladly only to support such amazing developers for creating amazing software.
    Should they charge more on a certain platform more than another? No thats .....phoneism(copyright for making up a new word :p )?
  17. vikingisson

well then you're taking back your point or I still don't know what it is because now you'll pay the $2 even though somebody got it for free.

There are lots of things like this, I get Swype for free but I'd be just as dumbfounded when I'll hear from other users that will have to pay for it. If they refuse to pay because a stranger got it for free then I'll know to keep my mouth shut. :p

As long as your phoneism is truthiness.
  18. izzyq8

izzyq8 Member

Hmm soo basically since it's a different phone developers should charge differently?
    U do have a good point

I did not say I would not pay cause I need it but I said iPhone users pay less does not seem fair to me.

Let's start a no phoneism allowed campaign:p
  19. vikingisson

no phoneism indeed, but it is too late. There is a war going on at least in the minds of people that take brand names way too seriously. The manfs like that we're fighting the battle for them. totally silly.

But things always balance out. iPhoners pay for a lot of things that we droid users take for granted as free or as freedom. But the worst are the carriers, they are the real force behind all this nonsense and differences in capabilities. This phone is a prime example, sold under different names and different configurations depending on where you get it. For me I just wanted the phone with no branding and no contract. I went through 1/2 dozen stores all telling me I must buy a contract despite the clearly labeled price for hardware only. Finally got it but I hope it never needs warranty because the carrier somehow thinks they control the show. Well they do, except in my house. The carriers are simply my ISP when using the device, nothing more.
  20. izzyq8

izzyq8 Member

wow dude i live in kuwait and the only thing the carrier controls is the line itself
    you purchase a phone unlocked from any mobile store any pick any line with no contract

prices for minutes are expensive as hell though
  21. vikingisson

Well over here in the not so enlightened states of north america most people don't know anything but contracts. Few have any idea that there is any other way. The few that buy unlocked and no contract are a rare breed and we're not loved by the carriers. The carriers are the gods of telco and they generally suck rocks in many ways including prices.

But then you folks have other problems over there.
  22. fomofo

fomofo Member

I agree...this principle is no way to chip away at iPhone's market share.
  23. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I don't think the app developer cares that much at trying to chip; away at iphones market share...

I'd suggest apps that are just released will always be more expensive than apps that have been out a while, regardless of platform. Thats just sensible economics.
  24. jules1

jules1 New Member

does anyone know how to add other ppl from smartphones other than iphone?
  25. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

The beauty of whatsapp is that you dont have to add people.

All you need is their phone number in your phone book and that they have whatsapp installed.