When 2.whatever finally comesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arock

arock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have any ideas on when the update comes if it is going to reset our homescreens and settings and all that good stuff. I came from the blackberry world where any major os upgrade meant you needed to back up your phone first before doing the update otherwise all of you stuff was gone when you were done.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I would think it will reset everything.

I would hope, however, that there are a few choices offered during the process (huge doubt there).

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Since you sync everything with Google, it'll be stored online, probably automatically, and put back on after the update. They're not gonna leave you hanging.

4. Frisco

That's what happened when I went from Samsung Instinct to Nexus One, then from Nexus One to the Eris. But I thought his question had to do with settings on the device, not data, etc.

Incidentally, the Nexus One was buggy and T-Mobile was absolutely useless where I live (despite having "good coverage" on their map for my area); thus my move to the Android Eris and Verizon.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

Well, there are rumblings of the Nexus One being axed because of the failures, but... who knows?

Yeah, he said settings, I guess I missed that. I dunno then. You would think there would be only a few, new settings, so it would make sense they keep the old ones and let you mess around with the new ones, instead of making you start from scratch.

6. Frisco

I'm just hoping that this update/upgrade we're expecting is not the same software that I experienced in the Nexus One. I know there are some happy N.O. users, but there are also a LOT of unhappy ones and many who, like I did, have returned their devices in favor of other Android choices.