When can I have a Nexus 10 in my hands?General

Last Updated: 2012-11-08 00:00:11
  1. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

I know it's coming on 13 Nov, but does that mean I can order one that day, or that it hits shelves on that day?

If it is actually being sold to people on 13 Nov, will online ordering be opened soon?

Need to figure out if I'll be ordering online and waiting for a package, or walking into a store and picking one up.

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm 90% sure I read somewhere that WalMart will have them on sale when they go on sale at Google. If its like the Nexus 7, the only difference would be who handles the warranty. If you buy from Google, Google would. If you buy at WalMart, Samsung would.

Since it took 2 months to get a refund from Google for the 2nd Nexus 7 I sent back, I'll buy from Walmart.
    woj666 and The_Superhoo like this.
  3. The_Superhoo

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

*edit* I found this, but it only says 32GB version and I wanted the cheaper 16GB one.. http://wirelessandmobilenews.com/2012/11/nexus-10-1113-release-date.html
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just found it in the GoogleBlog too.
    Maybe the 16gb is going to be a Play Store only.
    The_Superhoo likes this.
  5. The_Superhoo

Boo sucks. I agree with your logic.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

7. The_Superhoo

A thought: how much does shipping for a device like this from the Play Store typically cost? How does it calculate sales tax, via your shipping address, or billing address?

Might be only slightly more expensive for me to walk in the door at Walmart in DE (no sales tax) than to order one from Play Store and pay for shipping and tax (if calculated based on my billing address, I live in VA but work in DE.
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I live in NC. Shipping for my Nexus 7 was $13.99 and tax was $17.75. I assume tax is based on your billing address but I don't know that for a fact.
  9. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member

Love it! Next Tuesday i'll run over to walmart and get my new nexus 10. Can't wait!
  10. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

Yes on your shipping address that's why i have stuff shipped to my wife's work in Delaware