When Did I Get to Sarajevo?Support

Last Updated:

1. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For several hours this afternoon, my weather widget said I was in Sarajevo and my clock was 5 hours ahead, which I assume is the time difference from NJ to the area formerly known as Yugoslavia. I did a soft reset, which did not work. After turning the phone on and off twice, things finally went back to normal. Anyone else ever have this problem? I can't imagine the tower was causing it, but who knows. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

the weather widget showed my correct location 1 time..... otherwise it has always place me in a town about 10 miles from here............ I stopped using the widget..... went with a different clock widget and use weatherbug widget instead

3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

Maybe you are in Sarajevo... you just don't know it yet.

4. Snerch

Good point ;)

It wasn't just the widget. The time in the upper right corner of the status bar was also showing the time 5 hours ahead. As far as I know, that clock isn't related to the widget.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I have a friend that got an Evo a few weeks back and the weather was set/changed to the wrong city/area where they were at. I had her turn her GPS off, reset the location in the weather widget, and voila', it corrected itself (but not until we turned the GPS off).

I think it must have gotten confused...it wasn't as far as Savajevo, though, lol! (remember the winter olympics there? :D)

Snerch likes this.
  6. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

Last week (before rooting), mine was Minsk ! That widget loves those former Russian republics.

No issues since root

7. jenonyx2000

jenonyx2000 New Member

Snerch, I hope you're still monitoring - are you still having the problem? My phone is doing the exact same thing - Sarajevo! Sucks because I use my phone as an alarm clock. If you got it fixed, how? Please reply. Thank you!

8. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

Mine has twice told me that I was in western equatorial Africa (including time and weather). As I am in Los Angeles, it took me by surprise to see that.
    I tried everything short of a hard reset and nothing made it change. The first time it was like that for about four hours, the second only 30 minutes or so.
    I have no idea what made it change or what corrected it, but would love to hear some theories on this.
    Cheers.

9. Snerch

Sorry, but I never had this problem again after my first visit to Sarajevo. I powered the phone down and it showed the correct location when I turned the phone back on, but after a little while, it flipped back to Sarajevo. I remember it lasted for several hours, but somehow corrected itself. Does HTC have a factory there? :rolleyes:

Did you try powering the phone down or a soft reset?

10. jenonyx2000

jenonyx2000 New Member

I tried powering it down and I took it to Sprint and they reset it. So frustrating - lost all my settings and now it's starting to do the same thing again!