• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When do Google contacts sync back from phone to account?

Phileas

Apr 25, 2010
I've recently (today, earlier & just now) added a few Google contacts to my phone.

They don't appear in my contacts on my GoogleMail web page. I've manually synced them on the phone and refreshed the web page to no avail.
I created one much earlier on (maybe even yesterday) and it's there.

If I create a new contact on the web it appears almost immediately on the phone.

Are you sure, that when you created it on the phone, it was a google contact, and not a phone contact?

Yes

However I think I've sussed it.

I had two Gmail accounts on the phone. The first one I set up was an old junk account with a strange name that I created a long time ago for posting on google groups. I then created another Gmail account with a more sensible name when I realised the usefulness of the Gmail integration. Sync was getting mixed up and syncing some of the contacts with the original Gmail account.

I've just done a hard reset in order to remove the first Gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones