1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

When do text messages reply all?Support

1. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'll get a text that I didn't realize was sent to multiple people. Then, when I respond, everyone gets the response. How can I tell when that happens?

Seems ridiculous that I can't tell when I'm sending a response to multiple people.

I usually use Handcent.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

This is a feature of Handcent. If you go into the settings you can set the group messaging so the reply all doesn't reply to everyone you sent the message to originally. In addition the stock Android App threads the group messages together to avoid confusion.

~ ArmyX
  3. ergalthema

Thank you.

When someone sends a message to multiple people, including me, is there a way for me to tell who else it was sent to (using Handcent)?
  4. ArmageddonX

As far as I know, you are not able to see this, no. =(

~ ArmyX
  5. ergalthema

My original question was about receiving a message that was sent to multiple people. Even the stock Android App doesn't show me that the text was sent to other people.

This is so frustrating and makes no sense. It's like replying to an email that was sent to BCC'd recipients and all the BCC'd people getting my reply - that's insane!
  6. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Its an apple thing. I think its imessage. They can send a text to multiple people and replies will go to all. The only way to tell is if you view the details of the message you can see it was sent to multiple recipients. You can't control it. You can't only reply to the original sender if they started it as a group message. I don't like it at all.
  7. ArmageddonX

OHHHH I thought you meant sending. My bad. Yes, the multiple recipients issue is with Apple. My Uncle had an iPhone and that happens to me often when I send him a group message.

~ ArmyX
  8. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, but I noticed after updating to 4.2.2, I can now see if a message I received was sent to a group, but there doesn't seem to be any option other than reply-all. I can either choose to reply-all to each recipient individually or as a group, but I don't see any way to reply only to the original sender.

Is there any way to not reply-all, or an alternate app that has more setting options?
    (I'm on Shiny ROM but the messaging app is stock).