• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root When do you need to reactivate?

cgrego

Jul 29, 2010
As stated in a previous post, I have a concession line through Verizon. I rooted my Droid and need to activate. I can't do the automated activation with the concession line. I usually work 9-5 or 6 and the hours to call and activate my phone are 9-6, Mon-Fri.

Which processes require activation?

It didn't require when flashing the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf but did require it when installing the 2.1 root ROM.

Just looking to see how often I can mess with my Droid as my hours to call and activate conflict with the times I'd be toying with the it.

Edit: Been searching for a bit. Does installing a custom ROM install a new kernel as well or would I have to change the kernel still for OCing?

When flashing another ROM you'll just have to sign back into google to sync with their servers. Most ROM's come slightly overclocked (usually 600mhz, but sometimes 800 or 1ghz) You'll have to find a compatible kernel to flash if you want to go higher, and use the app setcpu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones