When do you think we are getting ICS?General

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

To be honest I think in April we will get it hopefully sooner. I heard that Android Jellybean coming out so Im thinking that will come out for us later on in like October or November...Im just taking guesses ....they take forever...

Advertisement
  2. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

I heard rumors about ICS getting here for us this month, but I have to agree that it'll probably march/april before we get it.

I'll be excited if they actually push jellybean to us! :O
    THey say the'll release JB in the second quarter of the year, so if they do end up pushing it out to the toshiba thrive, then I'd expect it closer to the third quarter/end of the year. As it is, I'm still debating on whether or not I want to update my thrive to 3.2 lol
  3. Evo 5oh

Mines 3.2 whats wrong with it? and your right march or april but i think more in april
  4. DerekElensar

Nothing's wrong with it, it's just that if I were to want to root it, I've heard that 3.2 is harder to root with than 3.1. I doubt I'll root the thrive, since I'm pretty happy with its stock, but who knows? :p

as for ICS, the sooner it gets here the better! Haha =)
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Apparently coming by late spring, which means up until mid June.
  6. Evo 5oh

do you have a source? I want to read it... =/ june is pretty late
  7. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

That was posted over at the official Thrive forum by a Toshiba rep. Google and you should find it.
  8. Evo 5oh

thats gonna take forever
  9. DerekElensar

better late than never? :/
    Evo 5oh likes this.
  10. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

Yeah I am happy with the way things are for my Thrive.. It will be interesting to see what ICS brings in...
  11. DerekElensar

12. donald11203

donald11203 Member

you don't want 4.0 it will mess your tablet up, and android has no support, I took it back to the store, I found a tablet with windows 7.5 and it works very good, love it.
  13. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

What tablet did you have that you took back?
  14. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

What brand tablet did you have? the Thrive?
    Did you have it rooted?
  15. DerekElensar

I'm interested to know this as well. I've heard that ICS is overrated, yes, but no reports that it will ruin your tablet..
  16. tube517

Toshiba announced they will miss the "end of spring" date.

I don't have the link but I read about it in another forum
  17. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

Thats it, i like my Thrive, but, gonna sell it!
  18. Tyrolis

Tyrolis Member

tube517 likes this.
  19. xanok

xanok Active Member

20. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

We're too busy working on new products, and too cheap to hire two more people two support the old. --toshiba
    randytho likes this.
  21. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

Missed update windows are unforgivable. If Toshiba wants ANYONE outside of the bargain hunters to purchase their products they shouldn't abandon their earlier generations! I for one update my phone far too often and I am still hesitant to make the jump from HTC to Samsung because of the Horror stories of Samsung's "support" or lack there of, on older gen products. The only reason I was even considering the SGSIII is due to it's popularity worldwide/standardization. If not for that I wouldn't even look at Sammy. It seems Samsung is on the downside of the software support of that bell curve.

Charles
  22. tube517

Evo 5oh and Axe_1 like this.
  23. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

24. Evo 5oh

Yay :p got it as well
  25. tube517

I'm rooted and waiting for the rooted version.

Let us know how it looks and performs. :D