When does your Phone switch off (Battery %)

At what % does your phone' battery die ?

1. 0 - 5%

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. 5 - 10%

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 10 - 20%

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. 20% +

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Desire seems to switch off once the battery gets to just under 10%.

What does yours do ?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

No idea on mine to be honest, I never get that low. But I hear it is around 10% for many

3. tef89

That's a good point really, most people I guess never want to take the gamble and let it get down that low - I only know mine as I've let it run down a few (maybe 3/4) times ofer the past 6 months or so.

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

After I updated to 2.2 I found my phone was powering off at around 25%. I performed the steps suggested here http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/148503-increased-life-desire-battery-really-works.html and this reduced to around 12%. I repeated those steps again and it went down to around 5%.

I believe it is still around 5% but I don't tend to let it run that low to check. Prior to 2.2 I used to get a warning at 4% and I would still have a fair bit of time after that before the phone would power off.

5. tef89

Makes me glad I switched to a custom rom and got rid of the 'drop 10% whilst charging' feature otherwise I could possibly drop 10% there, then it powers off showing 10% - leaving me 80% to use :D

6. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

With Li-Ion batteries it's not a good idea to go below 20% often.

tef89 likes this.
  7. tef89

Yeh I agree - with that in mind I only run it down very rarely, hence the 3/4 times in six months ;)

8. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Well-Known Member

Mine goes to 2% before switching off - this was the case before the upgrade and it remains the case after the upgrade

BUT the battery overall is dying a lot quicker than before, going to try that Increased Battery Life trick

9. tef89

As I've mentioned I've had mine around 6 months, and after rooting (initially and then again last month after a factory repair) I'm convinced the battery is lasting longer than when it was un-rooted - just another benefit :)

10. widehead

widehead Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows - it's a bad idea to let your battery run down until it switches off. Li ion batteries will last longer if you top them up regularly.

11. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

While it's best to always top up Li-Ion batteries to maintain their life cycle, the battery packs contain microchips to prevent under-charge conditions, so a full discharge to where the microchip shuts off the current flow won't really hurt the battery. I'm not saying to run it down a lot, but the occasional discharge won't really affect the long term life of the battery. So if you forget to charge it while you're sleeping and it's dead overnight, don't freak out the next morning. Just give it a full charge and you're fine.
    :)
    Having said that, I've run my battery down only once in 2 months of daily use and I believe it was less than 5% at the time. I was out geocaching and using the Desire's GPS which is a heavy drain on the battery. I now use a handheld GPS so I don't have to worry about the phone battery and now I just top up whenever.

12. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Mine switches off at, I don't know, perhaps 0% ? xD