When exchanging for a new Thunderbolt, do I use the old sim card or the new one?Support

1. meandmydroid

meandmydroid Well-Known Member

my new replacement thunderbolt arrives tomorrow (had to exchange it due to several problems with the first 1)... my question is do I keep the old sim card and use it in the new phone or do I use the new sim card that will come with the new phone? The Verizon guy told me when making the call to get a replacement that everything would be new including the sim card...but I thought once you had a sim card, it stayed with you from phone to phone???

Advertisement
  2. I think you would use the same sim card. I may be wrong though but thought thats how it worked.
  3. Bomfy

Bomfy Well-Known Member

I was told by Wirefly to send everything back. Also it was noted with Verizon that it was my second TB, the lady whom activated mine asked if I was using a different SIM card. When I said yes, she said good. She said something about how if it was the old one I'd need to order a replacement.
  4. AndroidFlip

AndroidFlip Member

You use the old sim card do not get a replacement. Just get them to associate the new ESN for the new phone to your number.