When I browse to google.com something weird happens

Last Updated:

1. gh0atd

gh0atd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The problem that happens is tuat google thinks I am Spanish and therefor makes google.com display in Spanish. I tried changing and deleting the cache in the browser, tried changing the local settings, nothing wants to work? Right now I have set my homepage to the English version using the url codes, but that is only a temp fix. Istherea permanent fix?

Advertisement
  2. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

3. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me....was going on for a few days, maybe even a week. Then it just went right back to english.

4. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I had this happen to our entire network at my last Job because Google had our public IP registered with it's location in France. I'm not sure how they determine location for mobile phones, but typically is based off of your IP network.

5. gh0atd

gh0atd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I did two things, but I am not sure which one fixed the problem.

I first deleted all of the saved settings through the Manage Applications menu for the Browser Application.

Then, I reset the Location settings (turned everything off and on again) and was prompted for Google's consent again.

I am thinking the later fixed it. Still weird though that it thought I was in that location for whatever reason.

mbell, I don't know what you said.

6. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Mine was in French for about a week. I thought it was one of Google's tricksy "ha ha" things the first day. Then it became annoying. Went away on its own.

7. mengy007

mengy007 Member

On mine there was a link down at the bottom called "Google in English" which turned off their location service

8. PrO1210

PrO1210 Well-Known Member

same here,mine was in Chinese last time...