When I turn on the phone an app opens automatically???Support

Last Updated:

1. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having this issue for a while. I was actually hoping that this morning's OTA update would fix the issue, however it did not. I do not know if it is just me or if this is a known issue. Sometimes (about 25% of the time) when I turn on my phone one of the apps on my home screen will automatically start. It is usually my calender app or Documents to Go, but it is always an app on my home screen. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix for it? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

It isn't an issue. Android has apps that start automatically and some respawn after being killed.
    Documents to go is one that can be killed and will not come back until you use it.

3. Smudgie

Ok then why does it only happen once in a while? Can I kill the stock calendar app or the other apps doing this? If so, how?

4. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

You're saying the app actually opens (ie it isn't just loaded into memory), and it wasn't open when your phone went to sleep? I see something like that occasionally if an app icon is on the edge of the screen and I grab the phone in such a way that my TPU case presses on the screen.

5. Smudgie

Yes, the app will actually open. Like when I turn on the screen the stock weather or calendar will open. DTG does this a lot also. It is if I turned on the phone and tapped the icon....this only happens to apps on my home screen.

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Probably stating the obvious here but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that are on your home screen? Might be a long shot but try cleaning your track pad and screen. Or just as a test try removing the shortcuts for the apps on your home screen and see if they still open.