When I upgrade to the official 2.1 release...?

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do I have to flash back to the previous 1.5 that I was on or can I just flash the official 2.1 right now? (Currently on DC 2.08). Also, I am having trouble finding the RUU that I am supposed to be using to run this 2.1 flash. The HTC page says I need to use it but I don't see any downloads for it? Am I missing something? (This is actually for my sister's hero that I want to do this)

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

do you not want to be rooted anymore? The reason I ask is... once you run the official update you'll lose your root and all that goes with it. At this time there is no way to root the official release. However, Fresh 2.1.1 is built off the official release and I'm pretty sure DC 2.0.8.1 is as well (if not it will be soon enough)

if you want to lose root and just have the stock 2.1.. then get the update from Sprint's website and follow the directions (it says you need HTC Sync installed and running)

3. shiner-bock-beer

shiner-bock-beer Well-Known Member

I wish/hope someone roots the official release soon. I am running Fresh Toast right now and had 2.1.1 before that. FT is having all sorts of problems with the basic function of this device...the phone. Plus my battery seems to be all over the place and hovering near 20% awake. I installed teh official RUU onto my wife's phone and she actually commented today on how great it was running and she still had 50% battery after 17 hours and 4% awake. I'm seriously considering the official RUU just to get the battery life and stability for now.

4. Eazail70x7

Yes, I am going to wait until the official build gets rooted before I flash it. I just wanted to know those 2 questions though.

- Can we flash it right now should we want to?
    - How do we get RUU?

5. shiner-bock-beer

shiner-bock-beer Well-Known Member

She neglected to tell me the phone restarted three times on its own today. But after 24 hours, she's still at 51%.

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You can flash it right now if you want, you will loose root.

You download it from Sprint or HTC.

Go to sprint.com/downloads...choose your smartphones>htc hero. You will see the 2.1 RUU in there if you really want it.

Again, yes you can run it, but again you Will Loose root.

7. Eazail70x7

Ok, thank you.