1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

When im getting a call ringer is low then goes upGeneral

1. Droid4g27

Droid4g27 Well-Known Member

I noticed when i get a incomming call the ringtone is low then goes all the way high is there a way to change this?

To give yours a test to see if its doing the samething do this= Call your note 2 with a different phone of course and look at it when it rings u will notice the call is comming in and hear the ringer really low then it just explodes to super high.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bonez

Bonez Well-Known Member

Should be under sound and volume settings somewhere. Have ya looked around? :D
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

wow. I'd LOVE a feature like that. How did you get that to occur??
  4. Droid4g27

i have no idea but thats what my phone does when i get a call.
  5. Droid4g27

yes i have dont see anything?
  6. reeftivo

reeftivo Active Member

Nothing under menu, call settings?

My droidx does that when using my alarm and its awesome but I don't have an option for doing that in my call settings. Hmm?
  7. marlbororman

marlbororman Well-Known Member

i just checked on my note2, there is no settings for ramping the tones
  8. Droid4g27

does yours do that aswell?
  9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Mine does as well. FWIW, I'm using a custom mp3 stored on the sd card that I installed.
  10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Not sure if this is causing it but from the DIALPAD - MENU - CALL SETTINGS - scroll towards the bottom and see if INCREASE VOLUME IN POCKET is checked. If it is checked; uncheck it.
    SoulSmilen likes this.
  11. marlbororman

marlbororman Well-Known Member

lol, mines not ramped anyway, but checked and unticked. i use an mp3 ringtone for mine. used one of the apps off market place to set the ringtone so maybe thats why it comes straight on at full volume ??
  12. ScandaLeX

Do any of you with the ascending ringer use a headset; wired or BT when this happens?
  13. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Happens to me with the phone uncovered, lying on the table, with no headset of any kind.
  14. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

I'll be tickled pink if and when I get the N2, I can figure out how to get mine to ramp up ringtones (presuming it ramps up quickly enough that I don't miss the call before it goes to VM)
  15. Droid4g27

im using a custom ringtone that i stored on the phone is memory but im gonna try and change the ringtone to a regular ringtone that came with the phone and see if it still does it.
  16. ScandaLeX

Well so far there are 2 of you experiencing ascending ringtones and both of you are using custom ringtones.
  17. Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard Member

That is how they come out of the box, no set up necessary. Both my s3 and my note 2do this.
  18. ScandaLeX

Never noticed this on my Note 2.
  19. Droid4g27

Its still doing this on mine even if i put the custom ringtone on the device memory or sd card. Also does it when using the ringtones the phone came with. Still does this even if i have the INCREASE VOLUME IN POCKET checked or unchecked so i dunno how to fix this :/
  20. ScandaLeX

I said before I never noticed this UNTIL today. I guess I need to say I never paid it any mind. Today when my phone rang I "heard" what the rest of you've been hearing. First ring is low then jumps up loud.

Since there are no settings to change it, it occurred to me this may be hard coded to go along with Samsung whole "Inspired by Nature" theme they introduced with the SIII......(something to consider).....

NOW that I hear it, it's annoying! :p
  21. Droid4g27

Here is what samsung told me when i spoke to them threw chat about the ringer issue=

I did not see any issue you are referring to. And I did not see any Setting to disable it, so please perform a Factory data reset on your device and check if this could resolve the issue.

Im not about to reset my phone and lose all my things is what i said.
  22. ScandaLeX

Oh aren't you the brave one.....Chatting up Samsung. Be honest.....did you think you were going to get someone who knew what they were talking about? :p

Sad...but this forum is full of either calls, chat, or email to Samsung and they haven't provided ONE response that made any sense.

I'm convinced they aren't trained on any new phone cause none of them even act like they know what the Note 2 is.
  23. Droid4g27

haha yea your right they dont seem to know jack about there own products but from what i been hearing so far its normal for the ringer to be like that on this device so im not gonna worry about it anymore.
  24. bengadget

bengadget Active Member

Mine does it too. I got a call minutes after I had the sim card in, default tone, hadn't changed any settings, and I noticed it immediately.

Since I prefer making my own tones, what I'll probably do is make tones with a bit of silence in the beginning to make up for the low initial ringing.
  25. Droid4g27

yea i heard its a normal thing this phone does and you cannot change it unless you root your phone but it doesnt bother me even though i prefer to make my own tones aswell i just make sure i leave about a few seconds before the part i want to play starts.