When is it arriving??Support

Last Updated:

1. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I ordered mine at 11:40 a.m. EDT and still haven't seen any type of notification.

Advertisement
  2. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

yea same here, still says shipping estimate the 15th. But i give it until tomorrow to say back ordered... So depressed now... I wasn't raging about anything, i was waiting patiently for an email with a tracking number... i was content on receiving it Monday or tuesday. I was Zen for the most part...
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Placed my order at 11:43 am on the east coat on Tuesday! If I get that email I'm canceling my order. In this day and age something like this is inexcusable for a company the size of Google!
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Same here , nothing so far except a BS email about apps from the play store. What a tease...
  5. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

Got mines in at 11:48. I hope mines isn't pushed to backorder, I NEED a phone now, as my Galaxy Nexus will be sent for repair soon.
  6. acp

acp Well-Known Member

apple did the same thing unfortunately with the iphone 5, I have 2 friends that ordered on launch day and it went from in-stock to backordered, I was lucky enough to receive one from the first batch, I guess I won't be so lucky this time.
  7. lunatic59

I got the same email, but the thing was it was time stamped 12:36 and I didn't get it until after 2:00.
  8. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

Ordered 6 minutes before you havent gotten anything either.
  9. StevieY43

StevieY43 New Member

I just got the backordered email for my 16gb order placed at 1:06p EST. Play still says shipping estimate is today, and wallet still says pending.
  10. kalaster

OUCH! we should expect ALOT of people getting this dreaded email then. almost a 4 hour difference between you and me, who knows how many ordered between that time.

I would have rather be told sold out than to order one and then be told "no you cant, apparently you were too late but we just figured that out now..."
  11. MaddawgTL

MaddawgTL Active Member

Just got a notice from google that it is back ordered, THIS SUCKS!! I got a confirmation letter saying it was shipping 3-5 business days but now this?!?!? :confused:
  12. StevieY43

StevieY43 New Member

Yup, this is very distressing. If they were just going to sell stock they didn't have, I don't see why they couldn't do pre-orders. Of course pre-orders require communication, which has been underwhelming in this whole process so far.
  13. lunatic59

What time did you place your order?
  14. kalaster

I've noticed some of you guys are saying that you're going to cancle your order if or already are on back order, but lets think of some the of the positive possibilites!

- free 2 day shipping! yea, its only $15 extra back in your pocket, but it's something.

- Discounted or free price tag? you never know! alot can go down in 3 weeks, they might tally up the number of back orders and think "Damn! we screwed up! we have to do something to prevent the loss of thousands of consumers."

-Play store gift card?

-Free nexus Q!? who knows! :rolleyes:
  15. StevieY43

StevieY43 New Member

Free shipping is nice. Free case would be nice too, or at least combine the shipping since it didn't seem to be possible to get both in the cart at the same time.
  16. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

Except the difference here is that Apple's site will actually update shipping estimates accordingly. For this, people got on the first shipment with 2 day shipping only to later find out after the fact that they will actually not be getting it for 3 weeks.
  17. g_patrick15

Google really needs to hire a third party to handle their product launches. This isn't their first time at the rodeo, yet they still don't have this figured out. I know it's not their main line of business, but come on, it can't be that hard to figure out. Each time they launch a product there seems to be an issue. They should have learned from the Nexus 7 launch on how to deal with demand.
  18. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol..no way! If demand is high they aren't giving us anything. And the thing that gets me is that this isn't even a commercial device like say the Galaxy S3, this is more of a niche device within the mobile industry. So for Google to be this hard pressed and behind the 8 ball is something that doesn't sit well with me. I mean how could they not be prepared? This is like bringing a tooth pick to a gun fight and not being prepared to do battle. I'm very disappointed with how this whole release was handled. Reason being is that I'm a die hard Android follower, and even though I use and like Apple products, I feel google can be just as big as then. I could deff see Google retail stores with them selling Nexus branded devices like phones and tablets and lap tops and what not, and maybe them even coming to bat with their own network. But all those happy thoughts get dampened with stuff like this because in reality, Google can't hold a candle to the way Apple conducts themselves and handles releases.
  19. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

Well I've got tracking info on my order from UPS.com. Scanned at Louisville at 1:56PM EST. I just can't believe all of the trouble Google is having with these orders though. You'd think that they'd be better prepared, its really disappointing.
  20. lunatic59

I completely agree with you sean76. This is looking like Google trying to be very Apple-like in it's marketing and just doesn't have a clue how to make it work. They are very different companies and just like when Apple tries to do something that is very Google-ish (like search or maps) they fail miserably.
  21. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

So sad but true my friend!
  22. lunatic59

Just to keep track, where are you located (can't assume just because of the user name ;) ) and which model did you get and when did you place your order?
  23. g_patrick15

Maybe the fact that the Nexus brand has typically been a niche device is the reason Google got caught with their pants down during this whole ordeal. The Nexus line has never fared well, with the lone exception being the Nexus 7. We all saw how people gobbled those up on release, and with a phone as inexpensive as the Nexus 4, it was bound to sell big. But maybe, just maybe, Google went by past Nexus phone launches and decided to temper their stock down just a bit, which, of course, turned out to be a bad move.
  24. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Sorry for you guys not knowing when your N4 is coming. This reminds me so much of the N7 release and I had no idea when it was coming. In the end my shipping email came after the parcel arrived.

Good luck to you all.
  25. kalaster

So my co-worker just texted me, ranting how google back ordered his nexus 4, i asked him what time he ordered it, and said 11:59 AM EST o_O