• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When is it arriving??

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 8:48:25 AM PST

Tracking from UPS:
Louisville, KY, United States
11/15/2012 3:04 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 1:08 P.M. Origin Scan

16GB model. And sean76, I think I ordered after you and still have mine coming, probably tomorrow.

Lol...all I've gotten is an email from the play store about Holiday apps...lmao!
We'll see what happens today...this is such a dropped ball on Googles part!

Upvote 0
NYC:D I was on a few other forums though and it seems there were other people from NY who hadn't gotten their tracking numbers. So maybe I'm just lucky.

Well I haven't gotten a back ordered email as of yet and I'm in NYC. I ordered pretty early, if I do get the email about mine being backordered that is definitely proof that this is all random.

Upvote 0
Lol...all I've gotten is an email from the play store about Holiday apps...lmao!
We'll see what happens today...this is such a dropped ball on Googles part!
I got two of those holiday app emails SMH

Someone on another forum spoke just recently to a Google rep who stated if you didn't get the back order email already, you're safe.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I just talked to customer service rep, and basically got incredibly vague answers. They asked if I received a backorder email (which I haven't; hopefully I won't) and basically just told me it's completely random. Some will get tracking numbers, some will just have a device randomly show up at their door, some will be on backorder, etc.

Overall just a bad and annoying way of doing things. -_______-

Upvote 0
It's as if the first few minutes of available buy time on Google's site were lost. Servers recovered momentarily and allowed a few more in and so forth until their stock was depleted.

I sure hope not. I and the rep can see my order but they can't tell me anything in regards to a shipping date other than it should ship today. The charge is still pending on my credit card.

Upvote 0
Just thought I would check in with an update. I have not received either the dreaded "back-ordered" email or tracking number. Placed my order 8:08am PST.

8:08? Wow. I didn't think they went on sale that early. I had Page Monitor set to 30 second intervals and I didn't get a notifaction that the order page had changed until shortly after 8:30. I checked intermittently between 7:30 and 8:30 though and just saw "coming soon". Yours is the earliest I've heard of I believe. That being said, some are saying the time doesn't matter. We'll see. I ordered at 8:36 and all is quiet on the western front.

Upvote 0
8:08? Wow. I didn't think they went on sale that early. I had Page Monitor set to 30 second intervals and I didn't get a notifaction that the order page had changed until shortly after 8:30. I checked intermittently between 7:30 and 8:30 though and just saw "coming soon". Yours is the earliest I've heard of I believe. That being said, some are saying the time doesn't matter. We'll see. I ordered at 8:36 and all is quiet on the western front.

I saw it available as buy it now since 8:00 but got kicked out the order once... and took ages to go through the whole process.

Upvote 0
Frankly I didn't know what time to expect, so I went into the office around 7am with my personal laptop. Set it up to automatically check in two minute intervals. 8:02 it notified me, by 8:08 I had completed the order.

Apparently my experience was far smoother than some. Less than 10 minutes after the order was completed I received the confirmation notice.

Right now I feel lucky to be someone who is very patient and relaxed.

If I was hyper like some of the guys here in our lab, it'd be driving me crazy, quite a few of us ordered this new Nexus... :D

Upvote 0
I saw it available as buy it now since 8:00 but got kicked out the order once... and took ages to go through the whole process.

Oh ok. I thought for sure I had gotten it within the first few minutes of availability. My order flew through in seconds with no errors at all. Just lucky I guess. Now as long as I don't get the dreaded backorder e-mail....(knocking on wood, fingers crossed, salt over shoulder, no whammies...)

Upvote 0
Oh ok. I thought for sure I had gotten it within the first few minutes of availability. My order flew through in seconds with no errors at all. Just lucky I guess. Now as long as I don't get the dreaded backorder e-mail....(knocking on wood, fingers crossed, salt over shoulder, no whammies...)

Mine's waiting for me at the TNT depot near my parents' house ........

Upvote 0
About 6 hours after receiving the "backordered" email, I made an order enquiry using the web page that asks for the order number as a field.

An apparently automated response, judging by the time it took, stated "According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15."

Still no tracking number though, so despite my successful, albeit difficult order placement, it's been tossed on the "to do" heap.

"Tossed" probably has a different meaning to you Brits?

Upvote 0
I just yelled at the google rep and told him to cut the crap and tell me what he knows. He kept saying 'sorry sir. Your order should ship by Novermber 15th morning" and i was just like "ITS 5 PM, THATS NOT MORNING"

These google reps are getting on my nerves

I got the nexus 4 the second it came out. I havent recieved any order confirmaiton, tracking number, and luckily backorrder email.

This is all just pissing me off so much.

I needed this device by today :( (at latest tomorrow)

Any tips on what to do?

Upvote 0
I just yelled at the google rep and told him to cut the crap and tell me what he knows. He kept saying 'sorry sir. Your order should ship by Novermber 15th morning" and i was just like "ITS 5 PM, THATS NOT MORNING"

These google reps are getting on my nerves

I got the nexus 4 the second it came out. I havent recieved any order confirmaiton, tracking number, and luckily backorrder email.

This is all just pissing me off so much.

I needed this device by today :( (at latest tomorrow)

Any tips on what to do?

Contrary to what you may believe the Google reps most likely are just as clueless as you are as to what is going on. Google doesn't just announce everything to every low level employee. If you're going to yell at someone atleast make it a supervisor, not some poor guy who has calls coming in left and right with people complaining and screaming for information he doesn't have. As to what you can do you have 3 choices.

1. Wait it out

2. Cancel your order and pick the phone up elsewhere (T-Mobile store, online reseller, etc)

3. Get a different phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones