• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When is it arriving??

My update got changed to November 17th too, with an estimate still at the 15th.
Still hadnt received tracking number

I had to push my flight back from friday to wednesday so I could get this.
I called google 4 times today, first 3 time I got hung up on.

Heres where it gets interesting:
On the last time I called I layed out all the facts, how dissapointed I was. I explained to him that I understand if he couldnt do anything and made him email some higher person to prioritize my shippment.

I just got an email saying that I should get my tracking number by the end of today and it is already in the process of shipping and that it should arrive tomorrow night.

I dont know how much to actually believe this, but its all I can hope for

Upvote 0
Mine arrived this afternoon, bumper and all! Sadly I'm selling it for a really good price...lol, a deal I just couldn't pass up on! I'll order one when they come back in stock. I'm not hard pressed for a phone right now as I have both my GS3 and iphone 5.

Does it have to be sealed?

You promised to put the nexus 4 through the ringer.. jus sayin

But, I guess money is more important than your forum mates who were anticipating your review.

:party:

Upvote 0
Just got this email

Thank you for contacting Google Play! If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Regards,

Andre
The Google Play Support Team

So ... if it is estimated arrival is the 20th (tomorrow) and I haven't received tracking info AND it will take up to 1 day to activate it, I should get my tracking number two days after I get my order?

Way to go big "G".

Just so you know, the guy who sold me the shore-front condo in Nebraska made me the same promise.

Upvote 0
Mine arrived this afternoon, bumper and all! Sadly I'm selling it for a really good price...lol, a deal I just couldn't pass up on! I'll order one when they come back in stock. I'm not hard pressed for a phone right now as I have both my GS3 and iphone 5.

I wonder how many people bought them just to sell and the poor people that couldn't get one because they ran out.Greed it's a sad thing.

Upvote 0
I wonder how many people bought them just to sell and the poor people that couldn't get one because they ran out.Greed it's a sad thing.

Not me man ... I'm the last greedy person! However for the price, it's just one of those things I couldn't turn down.

Reason being...and some will understand, and some won't ! I'm an Android enthusiast through and through...I've always backed Google and Android to the fullest extent.

However, after being part of the Nexus 4 buying fiasco, something dawned on me, Google doesn't give a crap about us! Not a single world from them on how poor this release was handled, nothing, not a single peep! It's as if this is normal to them. So as I sat there and waited a few days for something, anything that would tell me my order was in fact coming, something dawned on me...what happens if I have a real problem with this phone, would if something goes wrong, would if I drop it and crack the glass, etc? If it was this crazy just getting it, just imagine the whole other world of getting help when help is needed.

If my GS3 acts up, or I need a replacement, I just dial at&t! If my iphone 5 goes down for some reason, I just make a Genius Bar appt and visit an Apple store. But with the N4 I don't even want to think about what the protocol will be for help with the device.

Upvote 0
Does it have to be sealed?

You promised to put the nexus 4 through the ringer.. jus sayin

But, I guess money is more important than your forum mates who were anticipating your review.

:party:

Awwwww man! I'm sorry, I really am!

Tomorrow I will talk to my buyer who's actually not buying it until Friday, if its cool with him I'll be more then happy to put this phone through its paces and give my 2 cents right here on my favorite forum.

Upvote 0
Now that I have a tracking number and can be more or less assured that my phone is on it's way, I look back on the whole scenario and can't help but wonder if it wasn't as bad as I thought, at least for me personally.

I stayed up until midnight on the 12th/13th and was disappointed the phone was not released then. But I'm always up at that time anyway and it could have been much worse, at least I wasn't on the East Coast at 3 a.m.

The next morning a Page Monitor I had running, thanks to a tip from Banished Angel, notified me of the early release and I placed my order in seconds, smooth as silk.

They advertised 2 days to process the order and 2 days to ship which would have put me at a Friday delivery at the earliest or Monday at the latest. As it stands, it sounds like I may get the phone as early as Tuesday or maybe Wednesday so was I really put out that much?

And it sounds like they are going to refund my $15 shipping charge and I'm hearing talk of a Google Play credit or some other act of goodwill on Google's part.

I was hoping to buy a bumper and was pretty disappointed when they sold out so fast but Shotlimesalt offered his extra one up at face value to the first person that responded to his post. He received it today and he's shipping it to me tomorrow. Another bit of good fortune on my part.

I was pretty hard on Google and am certainly not letting them off the hook for this debacle of a roll out BUT I have to give credit where credit is due and if my phone comes tomorrow or the next day AND they refund my shipping charges then I don't really have a whole lot to complain about.

Again, that's me personally. I know others had much greater trouble than myself and were unable to even order the device at all. I hope Google makes it right with those people as well and they get their phones much sooner than the 3 week estimate.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Man, they better have some thing planned for those who got back ordered. Other than free 2 day shipping... Not that I would cancel or return my phone, just would like some sort of reason to believe that Google does care about us.

I mean, Google gave a free nexus 4 to someone who didn't get a tracking number for crying out loud!! While the rest of us have to wait a few weeks just to get free 2 day shipping...

Upvote 0
Awwwww man! I'm sorry, I really am!

Tomorrow I will talk to my buyer who's actually not buying it until Friday, if its cool with him I'll be more then happy to put this phone through its paces and give my 2 cents right here on my favorite forum.

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The shark... I mean seller on Ebay lives in CA I live in PA. He sent it 2nd day air UPS on Monday, I GOT IT TODAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones