If so, when will it be released?

Speculation is encouraged.

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

no one knows anything about it.
  3. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

we don't even have 4.0.4/4.0.5 yet........who knows. I doubt Verizon does...
    [​IMG] <Alligator= Verizon
    Outlaw.99, HuskyKMA, Sek0n and 4 others like this.
  4. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

+1! Heck, we don't even have the latest ICS version... and we're trying to count down to Jelly Bean?
  6. sperho

sperho Well-Known Member

Probably.

In the future.
    Rdjr74 likes this.
  7. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

As soon as the source code is published and the devs release it on their ROMs.
  8. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

doesn't matter. We would still be running it on an ICS Firmware.

Sorry i didn't tell you guys at first but i do know exactly when we're getting it. We're getting it on a day than ends in Y. :vroam:
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  9. Google is fragmenting it's OS way too much. most phones are still on gignerbread or froyo, ICS just came out and most apps are buggy with it, and now there's a "jellybean" coming out soon? :eek:

If google keeps this up, it'll ruin the android OS, and drive me back to apple. one thing i have to give the iphone i used to have-it was FAR less buggy.
  10. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

But ICS is supposed to be the end of fragmentation, so that may not be an issue.
    I can run AIX 5, 6, or 7 on any of my managed systems, even if they were built before AIX 6 and 7 were out.
  11. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I'll take this question as a joke. An update to JB, good one........
  12. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Well-Known Member

google puts out one OS and one phone per year just like the fruit...
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  13. uh, no.

"the fruit" updates their OS, google constantly markets a new one which equates to fragmentation. neither one does it "once a year".
    Mr. Link and GalaxyNexus like this.
  14. OP4500

OP4500 Member

I am pretty sure it will be coming to the gnex, nexus devices usually get a couple years of support from google, and even if it isn't released for the gnex it will almost definitely be "unofficially" released or incorporated into new ROMs. No idea when though, it doesn't even have a release date yet.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  15. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Well-Known Member

how does it lead to fragmentation tho, google the same thing as apple as in put out one a year. its moto, samsung, lg, etc that are the problem with fragmentation. i say google needs to get more like apple in forcing the OS if those OEMs want to use it, i mean they are still dropping gingerbread phones for whatever reason. google releases their phone/OS then give it to everyone to use, thats a problem which is why i think they may be trying to get back into selling their own product business.

but who know...
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  16. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

general populace has no use for dual core processors and over 1 gb of RAM, which I believe is general concensus for what ICS needs to run properly.

Chevy makes the Vettes and economical cars every day; so do cell phone manufacturers. And yes, that means the fragmentation of Android is only going to get worse; I'd wager it'll be similar to the pickle Windows is in with everything from Win98 to the latest version still in use...
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  17. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Gnex will receive JB. GSM nexus will get it soon after JB release. But for verizon Gnex, it's anyone's guess.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  18. TheWenger

TheWenger Well-Known Member

To answer the OP's question:

Verizon or GSM?
  19. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Is that why the Nexus S has ICS and runs just fine?
  20. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I think the Verizon GNex will officially get JB around the time when hell freezes over. Plus or minus a few decades depending on how the internal testing goes.

Unofficially, soon after it gets released.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

When a release date is even thought of, you can be sure that the news will break here pretty soon afterwards. We have some extremely skilled detectives/eavesdroppers amongst our membership. :)

Btw, it helps to remember that Android (the OS) isn't the domain of one specific hardware manufacturer. It runs on a wide selection of hardware fulfilling many different roles, so is still constantly developing and expanding. The "one-size-fits-all" paradigm simply won't work.... unless we resign ourselves to evolution rather than revolution.
  22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  23. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Well-Known Member

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  24. wrecklass

wrecklass Well-Known Member

No , Google made it clear Honeycomb was an interim release for tablets while they worked out a good UI for both phones and tablets. That combined UI is ICS. Now the plan is to keep the two platforms together going forward.

Google planned all along to avoid fragmentation after Honeycomb.

As to JB on the Gnex, I will wager we get it on Sprint a year before VZW drops support for their Gnex's. :D
    dwilliam16 and GalaxyNexus like this.
  25. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Settings.
    About Phone.
    System updates.
    Check now.......nothing.
    Check now.......nothing.
    Check now.......nothing.
    Check now.......nothing.

Not feeling it. :(