When is Jelly Bean 4.1 Coming to the GNex?General

Last Updated: 2012-07-10 15:30:51
  1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Neither am I. It IS only 9 AM EDT, so we have some time to... well... keep checking for updates :rolleyes:

Advertisement
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

These threads were always so much fun in the Incredible forums. Who remembers that guy that claimed he was from Verizon?
    johnofcross likes this.
  3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

source is going to drop soon after Google I/O i would assume. then i could care less as to when it officially comes. I will be running it within the week thanks to the great developers around here.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

November 9th
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

(in the style of The Price is Right, where the last guy thinks everyone is too low, and bids $1 higher than the current high bidder, rendering their bid all but worthless) "November 10th, Bob." :D;)
    mrmax86 and GalaxyNexus like this.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I have a very good source deep in the inner circle at Google who tells me Google has promised to release Jelly Bean on time and on schedule if we can keep a thread on topic for 10 days.

Not optimistic. ;)
    Mr. Link, GalaxyNexus, jkc120 and 2 others like this.
  7. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Of 2014?
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  8. AntimonyER

You could singlehandedly assure that by locking it for the required length of time ;)

9. Apple has had the same OS since inception. Google has had what, 5or 6?

Apple updates theirs leaving its core process the same or simmilar so most apps work fine.

Developers can't keep up with Google's nonsensical practice of dropping a new OS when most apps are still 2 OS's behind.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

I am not so sure that your statement is correct. While it makes logical sense, investigation has shown it to be the opposite.

Exhibit A:
    Android vs iOS – Which Is Really More Stable? New Data May Surprise You
  11. lunatic59

The OP asked specifically about The next proposed major release of Android, version 5.x code named Jelly Bean and speculation as to when the Gnex might get it. While it's not hard to go off on a tangent, let's at least pretend like were trying to keep it on topic?

If you want to continue the discussion about other OS implementations etc. feel free to start a thread in the Android Lounge, otherwise further off topic discussion will be moved or deleted and the thread closed.

Sorry to be such a <insert appropriate adjective>, but ... hey, you can't call me that! ;)
  12. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

Tomorrow. :p
  13. radzer0

radzer0 Well-Known Member

We should see our first android 5 unit by black friday.

Within 2 years google has plans that most of the android 2 units will be gone.

ICS and Jellybean I believe will be on the same design app wise just like the transition from vista to 7. Minor issues but nothing big. After dealing with a nexus device though im hoping the next one next year will be a quad and I will get it. After a custom rom ill run the clock speed way down to where i get the power of my dual without the power consumption :)
  14. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Half of me says that actually sounds like a valid date.

Then again i go back to last year when we saw ICS first. ..but yeah Black Friday seems like it would be a good time. But that to me is only if they do officially acknowledge it at Google I/O.

If they do announce it i would assume another statue will go up at Google HQ.
  15. radzer0

radzer0 Well-Known Member

Im also hoping for a direct sale of the LTE model.
  16. SharpBarb

SharpBarb Well-Known Member

I asked this question as a bit of a joke. There has been so much speculation about ICS 4.0.4/4.0.5 that I figured we might as well speculate about Jelly Bean.

As others have mentioned, if and when it comes, it will probably come for the GSM version first, unless it leaks for Verizon first.

My guess is that the first JB phone will be released in time for Christmas, but the GNex wont get it until March 7, 2013.
    GalaxyNexus and dwilliam16 like this.
  17. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

For all we know, "Jelly Bean" might be 4.1.0 and not a full version increase.
  18. trophynuts

I don't know if many of you were in the massive hype thread before the G Nex came out. At that time i was following an individual on twitter that had a test build of ICS running on a test VZW G Nex..... it was version 4.1.0. Some of you probably know who i'm talking about. It probably doesn't mean much.

Anyways i got to thinking last night. If i were google ....i would release JB or something significant about JB in the Month of October.....which is probably when the new Fruit Phone will surface officially.
    GalaxyNexus and jdduncan11 like this.
  19. lunatic59

It's bad marketing strategy to base your release schedule based on your competition. If you focus on the other guy too much you never get to think for yourself. That's one thing Apple does very well ... no matter how hard a company wants to drive the market, they follow their own schedule.
    GalaxyNexus and trophynuts like this.
  20. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

Keeping in that style then I would like to bid "today" (or the $1 bet that says I think you all over-bid) :D
    GalaxyNexus and AntimonyER like this.
  21. trophynuts

hmmmm very good point.
  22. ReuseablePlastix

ReuseablePlastix Active Member

yep, definitely enjoyed reading all that.

I feel pretty comfortable that we'll get some JB action one way or another.
  23. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Well-Known Member

The Incredible forums were a blast to say the least.

My speculation......two weeks! :D