When is my phone using the internet?Support

Last Updated:

1. m1nttu

m1nttu Member This Topic's Starter

How do I know when my phone is online or not? Also, if I connect to mobile data network, is it online then? or only able to use data? Please explain. And what does unable to connect to server, please try again later mean? English is not my native language so i do not understand, and when I updated my lg gt 540 my own language dissapeared so I can't change the language...

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

It really depends on what apps you have going. Weather apps (such as the one built into HTC sense) will pull bits of data (I think every 1/2 hour, but I may be wrong on the frequency) in order to update the weather in your area. If you are getting email pushed to your phone, this is also using your data connection when you are receiving emails. As far as the error you are getting, I have seen that pop up before as well. I assume this is just a hiccup in your system's ability to receive data for a moment. It can also happen if you have no service and are trying to pull data at that time. I have had it happe once or twice even through full reception, but a quick refresh of the page (I was browsing the web at the time) fixed that.

3. m1nttu

Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me :) What I was also wondering, is there some indicator that shows when the phone is online? Like a little image somewhere or something? I tried looking this up in the manual but Im not sure about when my phone is using the net and when it's not :/

4. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

yes - im using 3g watchdog - it appears to be very good

5. m1nttu

Is that watch dog available from the androidmarket? Is there another way to know when the phone is online? thanks :)

6. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

1. Yes
    2. 3g/h symbol with up and down arrow

7. m1nttu

Ok, thank you. Does that symbol mean that the phone is actively using the web?

8. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

Download APNdroid from the android market.