When is the official 2.1 UK update going to be released?General

Last Updated:

1. Spik3ee

Spik3ee Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 18, 2010
    Hi, Does anybody know when its going to be released officially? I'm not too keen on updating manually as I've seen a few people are having problems after updating and I'm pretty happy with 1.6 tbh!

2. HonestGuvnor

HonestGuvnor Active Member

Sep 14, 2010
    If you look in the threads below discussing the upgrade you will see a range of dates given by LG. The date given to me by an LG phone sales rep has now passed. I don't know what is causing the delay (anyone?) but suspect it is pretty low priority internally.

The support software from these consumer electronic hardware manufacturers is typically pretty poor and so I would not be surprised if people still have some problems. For example, the LG web page that gives the update recipe suggests using 3rd party applications rather than its own software for transferring the user data on the phone.

I would suggest a better reason for waiting might be that you won't void your warranty. However, I do not know what happens in practice when phones are returned within the warranty period that have been bricked by installing non-supported software. Anyone?