When is Verizon going to get an Android phone with a 4.3" screen?

Last Updated:

1. halo0

halo0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've decided my next phone must have a 4.3" screen, but I don't really want to go to Sprint to get the Evo. The coverage isn't as good, plus I have to pay $10/mo for 4G service that I can't even access where I live!

I keep waiting and waiting but nothing is coming out. Has anyone heard anything?

Advertisement
  2. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of any new phones coming out for Verizon that have a 4.3" screen...But when I had the HD2 with T Mobile I ended up not liking the size after the "thrill" of a new phone wore off.

It was just TOO big to carry around and sort of took away that "mobile" feeling a cell phone should give you...At times I felt like I was carrying around a tablet.

Texting on it wasn't that fun either...If you have BIIIG hands it shouldn't be a problem, but the average person may find it difficult to type on due to the size.

3. halo0

I actually went and checked out the HD2 at Tmo just to see how it felt, and it's fine. It's just a smidge taller than my droid, and maybe a quarter inch wider. Also thinner and more rounded than droid. It's about the size of the old Moto Q I had. Feels perfect to me. And I do have big hands so I think typing will be better than my droid.

4. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe good service is more important than screen real estate but we all learn something new every day. That half inch is really a problem......

skunkpbguy likes this.
  5. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

The Motorola Shadow will have a 4.1" screen and is due out in June/July.

6. halo0

Who are you talking to?