when it comes to replacing a phone

Last Updated:

1. JonnieDearest

JonnieDearest Active Member This Topic's Starter

Do they give you new one or a refurbished one? cause my HTC sense force closes and the touch keyboard has been spazzing out & now the weather won't load so I know its soft wear...*sigh* and I am about a week over my month mark so yeah I do have insurance so that'll Help ...

Advertisement
  2. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

IF you think the issues you're having is software related, you could reload the phone (factory defaults), make sure you've got the OTA maintenance release, then reload your downloaded apps. I'd sooner do that than have to endure torture from a Sprint support session. A buddy took his 6 week old Hero to a Sprint Store and they guy did it over his lunch break. Was worth the trip!

3. JonnieDearest

Yeppers I did all of that, I did a hard reset twice because of sense force close happen after the first reset

4. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

Chances are you've been having this issue for quite a while <wink> and when you relay this information to the Sprint CSR - you can demand a replacement phone. I think you need to get in-front-of a Sprint counter. Did you purchase at Best Buy? :)

5. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

not to get off topic, but what are the procedures for replacing a phone under an employee account? Just in case I ever have to :p

6. JonnieDearest

Lol I got mine from a kiosk in the mall I work at they referred me too the Sprint store in theplaza across the way. The kiosk manger said that they should hand a new one right there because of sense. Lol I guess it would've been easy if was best buy huh ?

7. JonnieDearest

Okay went to the Sprint store and the man was no help very condescending didn't listen to me and installed another task killer on my phone that I said I didn't want on my phone (removed it as soon as I walked out the door) I work retail and I listen to customers and help them gah sorry had to vent.
    So I called the customer service number and bam new phone in three days by mail :) I am a happy clam. Thanks guys for the help and advice!