When June 4th rolls around..

Last Updated:

1. BatarangMoses

BatarangMoses Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ill still be in my 30 day window.....think sprint would let me return the Hero and get the Evo with my upgrade price?

Advertisement
  2. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

They should... as long as you haven't done another exchange recently...

3. BatarangMoses

I havent, it broke.. but they said it was a defective phone and replaced it free of charge.

4. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

that shouldn't matter.. because you didn't swap it out for a different model...

5. BatarangMoses

Wow, this could be awesome then....Im so excited wish the Sprint store was open so I could ask.

6. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Remember they charge a $35 restocking fee if you return it, so cry the blues, saying you are not happy with the phone

7. BatarangMoses

Eh, thats not bad. I for some reason have a feeling they wont let me do it...dont know why haha.

8. Shadow_Rider

Shadow_Rider Active Member

Just spoke with one of the managers at a local Sprint store TODAY...and she indicated that she didn't believe the Hero could be exchanged for the EVO...even within the 30 day period.

I asked...because I am with Verizon, but thinking of switching to Sprint. I asked about that exact scenario (getting the Hero NOW....switching it for the EVO when it comes out)...and she said she didn't believe that would be possible. She sounded pretty sure as well.

Now she might be wrong...but I tend to believe she knew what she was talking about. She advised me...that if I wanted the EVO...to wait until it is released. Because if it was possible to "exchange" it...I don't think she would have wanted me to walk out of that store today without signing a contract.

Just something to think about....

9. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Very incorrect. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I am a refugee from Helio/Virgin dumping all their postpaid customers May 25. My service literally gets disconnected that day. So obviously, had to get a phone a few weeks before the Evo is out.

I specifically asked, and she confirmed, that I would have no problems returning the Hero by the 18th of June and getting the Evo. All my discounts including the extra $50 I got for the Helio changeover can be used for the Evo.

Sprint has a 30 day guarantee. Can return the Hero for a different phone or my money back, the Evo doesn't change that guarantee.

10. Shadow_Rider

Shadow_Rider Active Member

That seems to be a sore spot with Sprint employees. Because your rep told you something completely different than what my rep told me. Seems they don't even know for sure HOW it will be handled.

I have actually spoken with four different Sprint reps over the past few days.....two at store level (one rep, one manager...on different days), and two through the national customer service number. I literally got 4 different answers!

The one thing we DO know...is that Sprint is treating the EVO differently than all of their other phones. For example, no other phone on the network requires a mandatory $10 additional monthly charge. Also...the reps that I've spoken with seem to differ and are very indecisive as to whether or not things like the "Employee Referral Program" will, in fact, work with the EVO.

Anyway, like I said...I was just passing it along. Not claiming to know anything, just providing some food for thought....

11. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

im waiting till i know im able to root.until then im sticking with the hero.

12. Vald

Vald Well-Known Member

i'm going to post this here so i don't start another thread about the evo and upgrading.
    I have 3 lines on my sprint account. One for me, my gf, and her mom. Now My life has used its upgrade to get the hero (which my gf wants). Now my gf is up for an upgrade on her phone. What i wanted to know was if my gf upgrades to the Evo, will she be able to move it to my line and move my Hero to her line?

13. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Yes I did that same thing with the Hero when it came out, I kept the Hero on my wife number for a day and them moved it over to my phone, had to hassle them a bit, but if you have an issue call and ask for account services, not customer service, they are different, one is for help and account services is when you want to disconnect your service so they usually will work with you much more then customer service, good luck

Vald likes this.
  14. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

And I completely understand. As is typical in these situations, seems like a lot of different info is coming from different employees.

My info came from a national CS rep, part of a small group specifically trained to handle the Helio customers coming over. I am hoping/assuming MY info was the correct info though LOL. We will have interesting times in a few weeks if other Sprint employees claim that is NOT possible though. Again, I was forced to get a phone several weeks early through circumstances forced on me.

I will confirm it works once I do it middle of June

15. BatarangMoses

I wish Sprints 'chat' feature on their site would actually work so I could ask. Such a crappy company haha.

16. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

being as tho i got my hero in december , me and my bro share a account with two phones as it turns out hes up for a upgrade so i was thinkin ill get the EVO and ill give him my hero , even tho the hero is a pretty slick phone he said he wont use all the stuff the EVO does so i figure win win does sprint do this ??

17. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea, if you're all on the same account (which you obviously are, duh lol), you can do that. Just use his upgrade on your line, you can do that without any hassle and tassle. Looks like geeingu has a dream scenario. =D

18. BatarangMoses

Im gonna go to my neighborhood sprint store tomorrow and ask...and possibly pre order a Evo. haha

19. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. BatarangMoses

UPDATE!
    Went to sprint store today, they said yes. And pre-ordered me an Evo. YESSSS!

21. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member

22. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm doing, although I bought my Hero at Best Buy and pre-ordered there as well. They won't charge me a restocking fee plus the Hero was only $30, so I didn't have to come up with as much money up front. :)

23. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I think I will wait a few months on the EVO when the price drops to $50 like the hero is now, or BestBuy will have a deal on it and I will look at it then. by that time I can see all the BITHCING threads about it and know if it is worth the swap of a 0% problem with my Hero

The woman at the tech center told me Sat. that Sprint will make you PAY and extra $10. a month for the phone just for haveing the EVO with 4G, I said that we don't have the 4G here yet and she said it doesn't matter you will be charged it anyways.

24. dancehard

dancehard New Member

i just traded my 16 gig ipod touch for a hero two weeks ago, a week after i paid $100 for a pre replacement after it was stolen, so i currently have a brand new pre sitting as i try out the hero. Still cant decide which i like more. Anyway ill eventually get the evo since im eligible for the premium membership upgrade june sixth, but ill wait til the price drops, and more importantly, after the shit i went through having i think 4 pres replaced with no fault of my own, i want to make sure theres no kinks with the EVO, although i would bet money there wont be due to android being an already implemented OS and htc knowing what the hell they are doing.

25. Rolland985

Rolland985 Well-Known Member

foodman, are you sure about this? I talked to Sprint today and was told I would have to use the number that has the number that had the upgrade available and then call and have it switched to the number we want the Evo on. The one thing I am also not sure about is since I am getting mine at Best Buy so I did not have to wait on the MIR will Sprint add the $100 rebate back to our bill because the Evo did not stay on the number that had the full upgrade available.

I tried to avoid this by contacting Sprint and making my number the primary number and get the full upgrade. When I did it I was informed that when the next billing cycle came around the change would be made. When the billing cycle happened, it did not change. I called and informed it takes two months for the change to take effect.