when phone in use, trackball and button lights never turn off!

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there an option to turn this off or limit the time as you can for the screen...this is not normal bc i just watched several utube videos and their button lights turn off when user is just doing touch screen stufff....pls help. this may be a setback from updated to 2.1 leak

Advertisement
  2. dsavage

dsavage Well-Known Member

The trackball & button lights are a function of the ambient light sensor on the phone, I think.

When it's dark, the lights turn on (presumably so you can see to push them) and when it's light, the lights stay off (presumably since it's light enough to see them).

They shouldn't stay on all the time, unless you only use your phone in darkened rooms. Either way, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to manually turn them on/off.

3. cuezaireekaa

cuezaireekaa Member

Yea, i noticed my lights were not turning off also. i hate those lights on when watching youtube vids in the dark. (LEDs Hack) is AWESOME! find it in the market and it can turn off just the trackball OR all of the lights. Must be rooted* hope this helps. X))

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

led's hack works but is glitchy at best. After letting the backlight go out a couple times it reverts back to regular settings. I have been using it for a month and just leaned to deal with the light instead. I guess its a good idea but it should match the level of light set by the power control.