When returning an Evo what do you need to send with it?

Last Updated:

1. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

EDIT-Oops, I guess this should be in the Sprint section, sorry mods!

I got a replacement Evo due to an internet issue and they sent me a refurbished Evo, a refurbished (or used) battery and a cheap Sprint branded charger. They sent me a small padded envelope and asked that I return the "phone" and don't mention any of the accessories. I know when I returned my Mogul, it specifically said to "return only the phone" so that is what I did and kept the accessories, plus they wouldn't fit in the envelope anyway.

There is no way I will reasonably be able to shove this charger in the envelope and quite frankly, I don't need it but I would like to keep the battery. Does anyone know what you have to return?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you return the phone only. Keep the battery, battery door, sd-card and charger.

asaberan likes this.
  3. asaberan

I'd just hate to get charged after what happened last time I bought a phone and they charged my account $500. I had to fight with them for MONTHS to get it taken off my bill.

I think I'm going to just shove as much in the envelope as I can. I'm worried if I shove the charger in there, the envelope will open during transit and everything will fall out.

4. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Why not call Asurion and ask them?

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If they sent you a refurb, all they want is the phone back. Sometimes they send a brand new evo in the box with all the accessories. If that was the case, they would want it all back. But since you just got a refurb, just send the phone back.

Whats the worst that could happen? They charge you for them a month later, and you call them and tell them you will send the rest back...

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Even if they send you a brand new phone, they still only want the phone back with no accessories.

7. asaberan

It's not Asurion and I don't trust customer service people. Half the time they just tell you anything to just get you off of the phone. Based on my past experience above, I was told NUMEROUS times things that weren't true and didn't happen.

Yeah, that's easier said than done. It took me 2 months to get a "return kit" last time and even longer to get my account credited back. Apparently you cannot return anything without a "return kit" and requesting that is a royal pain in the ass. They told me three times one was on the way, only for it to never arrive and I had to repeat the process.

8. asaberan

I called Customer Care and was told to "return only the handset." So that's what I will do. Thanks for everyone's input.