1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

When rooted

1. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

Does this phone give any visible signs you would be able to notice by just turning it on and making a few phone calls?

More to the point... would the guys at best buy or radioshack be able to look at the phone and tell its been rooted by just turning it on and possibly making a few phone calls?

The reason I'm asking is if I buy one out right.. and something happens within the first 30 days.. most stores take it back... not "no questions asked" but, they switch it out in store instead of forcing you to go through warranty.

If I brick the phone and its my fault.. fair enough..but, if the stupid thing dies from being a faulty unit.. then.. I think its fair enough that they swap it out..

Advertisement
    :
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

As far as the 30 days return policy, i would recommend you wait until after your 30 days before you root it.
    I say this because you'll be screwing with a phone you dont even plan on keeping.

With that said, I had a rooted Eris that was acting up (not root related). Took it to Verizon, and the Verizon tech played with it and swapped it. No questions asked. Never noticed it was rooted.
    So dont worry about that. I think they would have to be looking for root to figure out it's rooted.