when should i use 4g for my epic?Support

Last Updated:

1. ashtro

ashtro Member This Topic's Starter

So im usually pretty good when it comes to devices and stuff but ive had my epic for awhile now is there a particular time i should be using the 4g setting?? usually when i am home i run wifi to save battery just looking for advice...

Advertisement
  2. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Well-Known Member

If your not on wifi i would have my 4g on all the time it is available to you... that is of course if your on the internet or doing data like the market. 4g will increase the speed of downloads of apps and use of the internet. turn it off when your not using data and it will save your battery. 4g is amazing fast and you will definately notice how fast things will become compared to 3g

Eazail70x7 and ashtro like this.
  3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have 4G on pretty much always. Though lately, I have it off while at work to save some battery (even though 4g hasn't really done much drain to my battery).

In my house I get around 6-7mbps down

4. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member

Only use 4g when you are in an area that has it. 4g will keep attempting to connect to a 4g network if you arent in a 4g area which will drain your battery dramatically. If you are in an area with 4g, like downtown chicago for instance, just keep it on all the time. If you have a choice between 4g and wifi, choose wifi, which will save your battery.