When should we expect a $199 price on Note 2?General

Last Updated: 2013-01-13 02:46:24
  1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Going to buy this phone when the price drops. Thoughts on price drop?

Advertisement
  2. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

In the US with contract? It was already at $199 over holiday. I think the next mobile phone sales will be before Valentine in Feb.

Some people have success by just call their existing service provider and ask for the $199 price instead of $299. You could try that. But if you are talking about $199 without contract, then I don't it will ever drop that low.
    Putty likes this.
  3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I meant $199 on contract. Thanks. Maybe I can check with my carrier and see if they will honor that price.
  4. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

I got mine for $49 on contract :)
  5. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Suspicious! :mad:
  6. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

Bell had a deal Note 2 for $49 or Iphone 5 for $189........uhhhhhh Yeah :rolleyes:
  7. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

It was free on contract as a Christmas promotion here. Bell had it for $50 but Best Buy had it free.
  8. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Heh. Actually I think Best Buy had it for $99 on Black Friday. But it was only for 1 or 2 days. You just have to pay really close attention too all the carriers sales and see if your carrier will match.

I think $199 is very doable if you just call yours. I have heard many success stories.
  9. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Yeah, us Canadians were able to get it free or for $50 + taxes. But we have the added misfortune of being locked into contract for 3 years.
  10. Captain53

Captain53 Well-Known Member

11. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

12. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Well-Known Member

Amazon has it priced at 199. Best buy price matched it for me
  13. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Got my Sprint version price matched by Best Buy w/ Amazon $99 deal, even though I upgraded (wasn't new line).

If the question is about price drop across the board...who knows when that will be.
  14. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Wireless.amazon.com

Has it at 279. Cheapest I have seen on there. Link if you see otherwise, please.
  15. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

How long ago did you do this?
  16. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Purchased phone 11/11. Went back to Best Buy for price match sometime before Christmas. There were a ton of deals going on between Thanksgiving and New Year. The $99 Amazon price match was my 3rd price match.

1) ? (Can't remember which site had this deal first) $199
    2) Friends and Family Wirefly $149
    3) Amazon Wireless $99 (New contract)

They were actually on the verge of giving me the $49 deal that T-Mobile had, but since it was a MIR, they couldn't do it.
  17. etmurph

etmurph New Member

Mine too. It was a continuing 2 year Contract on Verizon. Bought it just before Christmas. I was nervous about it but it turned out to be great.
  18. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member